Has anyone skipped a week of Rebif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone skipped a week of Rebif?

I am going to skip a week of shots while I am in Mexico. Has anyone done this? Is it going to hit me hard my first shot back after my vacation?

SKIPPED MEDS

Yes I have missed a week. But don't tell my Doctor.

I had no issues. I've been on Rebif for 5 years.
    When I skipped I just restarted the next week. No issues.
    I do take Aleve right after and no issues.

The real question is why are you not taking it in Mexico?

George
    PPMS Dx 2007. Rebif

Comment

My neurologist had me skip several weeks last year and then I restarted at regular dose. It caused no problems for me.

Comment

I am skipping because I am paranoid about drinking with my shots. (Wow that sounds bad) I have a drink once in awhile at home but on vacation I want to enjoy a few drinks each day by the pool. My nuerologist said skipping a week would be ok as long as I didn't make it a habbit. I just wanted to hear from someone else that it wasn't going to be hard to restart.

Comment

Shots and shots

Why not take your shots with a few shots?
          PPMS Dx 2007. Rebif

Comment

Originally posted by GeoMoore View Post
            Why not take your shots with a few shots?
            Do you drink the day of or after your shots? I would like to hear from someone what their dr. has said about alchohol?

Comment

alcohol...

Originally posted by heather122 View Post
              Do you drink the day of or after your shots? I would like to hear from someone what their dr. has said about alchohol?
              my DR said it was fine as long as I felt fine with it. I think they want you to feel like you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't make you feel too sick. or as long as your bloodwork is coming back good.

i like saki, but im not by any means a heavy drinker, just on an occasional fri/sat night
              moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

skipped more than once

A few years back I had to go off the Rebif due to low white count. Was off for 3 months and went back on with little effect. Also, a yr and 1/2 or so ago had a major issue with mail order Rx company and was off for 3 weeks. Again with no problem. All my issues were early on in the first year on the meds (fever, flu like symptoms). The only other issue was the severe drop in white blood count and it was corrected with about 2 weeks off the med. It speaks of the importance of regular blood work for these are powerful drugs.
                Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Not Rebif, but Avonex. My neurologist thought I should give it up for a week and see if it would alleviate my fatigue. It didn't work. However it did get me wondering how effective my doctor really thinks these DMDs really are.

As a matter of fact, I am becoming more and more disappointed with our current treatments and have hope that the ones coming down the pike soon will be an improvement over these old drugs!
                  Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                  X