Copaxone side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone side effects

I've had two recent symptoms that I think may be related to the Copaxone. One is sun sensitivity. I'm using the same sunscreen but I am still getting sunburned. The second is joint problems. This could be partially from deconditioning. I know that my hip joint will hurt for a day or two if I inject into my upper thigh. What do you think?

I don't go out in the sun too much due to the heat but when I have I do get sunburned pretty quick.

Comment

Tendonitis is a side effect of copaxone. I am pretty sure I developed it right after a shot in my arm. It started right then in an elbow. It later spread to the other one.
      It is now in every joint in my body and at one time got so bad I could not lift a coffee pot.
      Neuro never felt sure it C or MS. I will never again take C or tell anyone else too.. looking back I had joint trouble the whole time I was taking C.

Comment

I have swollen lymph nodes. Its uncomfortable but I guess it could be worse
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

I've noticed that especially by the evening, the joints in my fingers ache and when I do the shots in my thigh and hips, my hip joints ache as well. I've just been on Copaxone for 13 days though and wasn't sure if this was a side effect or MS or what.

Comment

I had bad and weird dreams when I was on Copaxone a couple of years ago. My shot sites in my arms still hurt. I cried a lot when I had to give the shot--I was a mess emotionally.
            Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I've never experienced joint pain and I have been taking C since 2007, however, and I don't know if it's related but before starting C my neuro had me do a bone density test as C can cause brittle bones.

I guess I was dense lol because I'm still taking it. Is this side effect maybe whats affecting your joints? Did anyone else have this test done pre-C?
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I do not know I have not had a bone density test done. What I have affected the joints. Mainly the elbows and one hip... like tennis elbow type stuff.. immediate reaction after a shot. A very painful area that spread...

Comment

I agree about the widespread joint pain, sheesh. Since I live in upstate NY, we have not experienced too much sun, yet. I'll report on the sun sensitivity when we do.

I experienced a grogginess and fatigue beginning on the first day of injections and it hasn't fully abated. It might not be related to the Copaxone, but it certainly is weird.
                  Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

interesting..

Originally posted by Cindarelly View Post
                    Tendonitis is a side effect of copaxone. I am pretty sure I developed it right after a shot in my arm. It started right then in an elbow. It later spread to the other one.
                    It is now in every joint in my body and at one time got so bad I could not lift a coffee pot.
                    Neuro never felt sure it C or MS. I will never again take C or tell anyone else too.. looking back I had joint trouble the whole time I was taking C.
                    on rebif and having terrible joint pain all over???? on rebif for 1 1/2 years now, pain started in february, the drs do not want me to stop taking rebif?

they think its an unrelated issue/
                    moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

My biggest symptom with C was anxiety.

Comment

My big issue with Copaxone was nausea. It was manageable, but when I went off of it the 2-3x/week hour of nausea went away, too.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies!! Other side effects I have noticed are hair loss and increased resting heart rate. I also have the anxiety and nausea from time to time.

Comment

I have been on C since 2/09. I am experiencing major skin changes...new little brown spots and moles popping up everywhere...dermatologist is baffled...neuro thinks it could be the C, wants me to get a 2nd opinion. Anyone else with skin issues? My anxiety is through the roof.

Comment

I think when some of these things happen it is important to look at our age.
                              What is your skin type? Your age?
                              Would this tend to occur with or without the C anyway?
                              Does the dermatologist say it any form cancerous thing to worry about or just sun type aging spots.
                              Most important, I am learning.. don't blame everything on MS.. or the drugs... but... don't wait too long to rule it out..
                              AGEING is something we are doing everyday too..

Comment

Working...
                              X