AVONEX INSOMNIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVONEX INSOMNIA

One of the side effects of Avonex is "sleeplessness". This would be the one and only side effect I still suffer with. I inject on Saturday nights and get very little sleep. Last night I may have had 2 hours of light sleep. That is after I take a 1mg Xanax.

Does anyone else suffer with this? If so what do you do to combat it?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Try some Tylenol PM or generic Bynadryl ( for hives) that may make you sleepy enough.
    Careful on dose! You might sleep too long!
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

trazadone

I havedbeen taking it for years it is rx but it helps with sleep and a little with pain.
      Anita

Comment

Everyone is different. When the nurses advise you to take the shot before bed, that's what they've been told works. However, I've been taking avonex for two years now and I have tried taking the shot at night exactly twice in that time. I doubt I will every do a third attempt. I had pain and nightmares all night long.

i take my shot as early in the morning as possible on Saturday and then go to the gym, shopping and carry on with my day. With time, i get only slight headaches and body aches, but I can tell you that around 10pm Saturday night, I feel wonderfull having passed another weekly shot and can sleep well.

Give it a try. You have nothing to lose. And the best part is that you can take your ibuprofen or aspirin or whatever as you need it.

Comment

I had never proplems to sleep when get my ibuprofen after the avonex. When i forgot them it was bad.
          Sometimes i had bad dreams and i sweat alot.
          The most times i have taken my avonex at morning and then i was going to work. Now i get tysabri one time in the month at my free day .

Comment

When I first started, I took melatonin tablets just before bed to help me sleep. Now, I just open a textbook and BOOM lol out like a light
            Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
            UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
            X