Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vyvanse (Scared)

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has or had been on Vyvanse and how it worked for them? Within a month I tried Provigil, then Ritalin and after high blood Pressure issues now on Vyvanse!

For a month or so I was seen hives come and go and I now know it is from the meds although they Ritalin and Vyvanse has helped me.

Also I read on of the side effects although very rare could be Steven-Johnsons.

I am scared just the thought of reading that!

Thank you

Adrian
    Truth is as hard as adamant and tender as a blossom.Gandhi (1869 1948)
    Knowledge is the only good & ignorance the only evil-Socrates
    He whom love touches not walks in darkness-Plato

Originally posted by adrian View Post
    For a month or so I was seen hives come and go and I now know it is from the meds although they Ritalin and Vyvanse has helped me.
    It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to something. Have you contacted your Doctor? If you are taking more than one medication any of them could be the cause of your hives.

The A.D.D. medications as well as Provigil and Nuvigil are stimulants and all will come with the same risks and/or side effects. If you don't want to take Vyvanse then don't, it is not a life saving medication.

I have tried many of the A.D.D. medications and Provigil. I have the same reaction to all of them...they increase my fatigue. I have to sleep shortly after taking them. It's not worth it to me so I don't use any medication for fatigue.

You really need to discuss this issue with your Doctor.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My son takes Vyvanse for ADHD. It works great for him!

Sara

Comment

Thank you

Snoopy and Sara,

Thank you for your responses! I have been getting hives that come and go and after reading about some of the side effects is SJS I panicked!

Is this side effect rare?

Thank you

Adrian

Comment

You can get SJS with any number of meds, there are some that seem to trigger it more than others. It is extremely rarer, and the main thing to know are the warning signs...so you can seek early treatment.

I have had a lot of allergic reactions to drugs, and SJS is basically an extreme form of immune reaction that affects the skin and mucous membrane. So if I get hives from a medication, my GP just tells me to make sure I report if I have any skin that starts to blisters or get sores/blisters in my mouth, nose, eyes, or other mucous membranes.

are you taking benadryl for your hives? If you're having an allergic reaction you should discontinue that med and speak to your doctor.

Comment

Have you checked with your Dr.? I would think if you are getting hives, you shouldn't take it.

Sara

Comment

Hey Sara,

I have always been allergic to so many things that I never thought of all the side effects of Vyvanse! I stopped today so I am going to see if this med was the culprit!

Man all these side effects scare the living life out of me! lol Maybe I should not read into them so much! lol

Comment

Yes, the possibilities of side effects are scary!! Glad you quit! Hope you feel better soon!

Sara

Comment

I started Vyvanse 20 mg in January and started Copaxone 13 days ago. I haven't noticed any side effects so far at all and have found that the Vyvanse helps tremendously with my attention span and a bit with my energy level though in the past month, it seems to have started petering out by early afternoon.

Comment

Went to new neuro today. He gave me a script for vyvanse (which I had never heard of). It is for 30 mg and I think he said 3X a day. Have not filled it yet. After reading the side effects I don't know if I want to. Provigel and Nuvigel didn't do anything for me (or adderall) so I don't know if Vyvanse would be any different. I imagine it will be expensive also.

Comment

Originally posted by GinnyRuth View Post
                      Went to new neuro today. He gave me a script for vyvanse (which I had never heard of). It is for 30 mg and I think he said 3X a day. Have not filled it yet. After reading the side effects I don't know if I want to. Provigel and Nuvigel didn't do anything for me (or adderall) so I don't know if Vyvanse would be any different. I imagine it will be expensive also.
                      Wow! I can't imagine taking 30mg 3x a day. I take 30 mg once a day taking it in the morning. It works for me for about 6-8 hours before it wears off. I would double check to see the dosage and frequency your neuro prescribed. Vyvanse is used as a med for ADD/ADHD. It helps me a bit with attention and since it is a stimulant, it helps somewhat with fatigue.

Comment

I must have heard him wrong. I did not get the script filled because a 30 day supply was $160 +. I've tried Nuvigel and Provigel and didn't really have good results. I did want to give this a try but not for that kind of $$.

Comment

Originally posted by GinnyRuth View Post
                          I must have heard him wrong. I did not get the script filled because a 30 day supply was $160 +. I've tried Nuvigel and Provigel and didn't really have good results. I did want to give this a try but not for that kind of $$.
                          I would call your neuro and let him know that the cost is prohibitive and ask if there is anything else that you can try. Usually the doctors will work with you.

Comment

Working...
                          X