Solumedrol infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solumedrol infusion

Hello, does anyone know how long solumedrol takes to level off in your system and how long the steroids stay in your system? Just started my first day of 3 infusions.

I've had them b/f but it's been a while and I can't remember.

Thanks
    Meissie

The half-life of methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) is 18 to 36 hours. So the steroid itself is out of the body within a couple of days after the last dose. (It doesn't "level off," it decreases until it's metabolized and gone.) But the cascade of other events it puts into action (e.g., bloating, insomnia, irritability, loss of sense of taste, acne) can take from days to a couple of weeks or more to resolve.

How long it takes for inflammation to return is a different issue and depends on the individual.

I hope you get through your steroid series with a minimum of grief.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from the side effects. And shame on your neuro for not getting back to you.

Will be praying for you!
      Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
      UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

IV medrol

I too am getting the IV medrol right now. Today was day 2. One more IV dose tomorrow am. If I can ask, why did you get IV medrol? I had extreme fatigue which was random, and not my usual problem. It has helped so that I can go back to work, but its still not great. Plus I get the metal taste which lingers.. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to get relief from symptoms.. Good Luck!!!

Comment

I hate steroids so much I won't do them any more. They don't work all that great on me and I have to be hospitalized because my sugar goes sky high. They have no effect on the outcome of a relapse in the long run. After i had it I was good for a week, then I went back to being in relapse again. It took me 3 months to feel normal again. I told my Neuro none of that for me I'll just ride out anymore relapses.
          They don't work for everyone.

Blessings and healing,

Comment

Working...
          X