Another nerve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another nerve

Hit another nerve tonight with my copaxone shot. Pain was so intense I was literally screaming and rolling around in bed like I was on fire.

I couldnt move my left leg from hip down to toes for about an hour. I know I havent been doing copaxone for very long, but Im so read to give it up.

The pain gets so intense. Heat and ice dont work for me, doing shots after shower doesnt work for me. Last thing I will try is solarcane, if that doesnt work, I want to be done. Move on to something else maybe.

That is absolutely awful! I wouldn't put up with that pain, either. Copaxone doesn't feel good, but that is just too much. You poor thing.

Comment

I'm having similar problems when I inject Copaxone in my thighs. Three nights ago, I did my right thigh for the first time and ended up in alot of pain with about a 3 inch red angry welt for over 2 hours. I had to lay down because it hurt so badly.

Last night I did my left thigh for the first time and ended up with an angry circular red area about 4 inches around. I did what they said and put heat on the area before injecting. After injecting, I put the cotton ball on the area and applied pressure for almost 1/2 hour. I found that when I really concentrated on relaxing my leg, it started feeling better. It still took about 1 1/2 hours for the pain to start subsiding, but it was a little better.

With either side, it hurts to move or have anything touch that area until it subsides. I don't know how people do this in the morning and then dress and go to work. I'm willing to keep going and see if it gets any better. Next I was going to try tylenol or advil or something like that to see if it helps. Let me know if you find something that works.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsSissy70 View Post
        Hit another nerve tonight with my copaxone shot. Pain was so intense I was literally screaming and rolling around in bed like I was on fire.

I couldnt move my left leg from hip down to toes for about an hour. I know I havent been doing copaxone for very long, but Im so read to give it up.

The pain gets so intense. Heat and ice dont work for me, doing shots after shower doesnt work for me. Last thing I will try is solarcane, if that doesnt work, I want to be done. Move on to something else maybe.
        Quick question for you. Are you using the autoject? If so, what level is it set for? The nurse who came out to train me had me 13 days ago set the level for 6. So far, that seems to work for me and I don't think that I've hit any nerves. But, the thighs are my least favorite site. I've done the inner and outer right so far and the outer left. The inner area was much more reactive, but no matter where on the thigh, it gets a large red burning painful welt and is extremely sensitive to any kind of pressure after the shot for at least around 2 hours (so no clothing or bed covers on the site for that length of time).

The only other thing that seemed to work a bit was walking around after taking the shot for a while. It's like it helped the medication to disperse more quickly and the welt to dissipate faster. Have you had any improvement?

Comment

I dont use the autoject at all. I only do manual. The autoject created worse marks and more pain. Im just not having alot of luck with copaxone. I dont have alot of reaction when I do my stomach, but I can only do my left side and you run out of places pretty quick.

Comment

I'm on rebif, but here is something I do to make sure I don't hit a nerve. I take the auto inject and kind of poke it around until I fine a numb spot, then I inject. I hit a lot fewer nerves that way.

Comment

COPAX

I WAS ON COPAXONE AND IT GAVE ME 8 INCH PAINFUL HIVES THAT LASTED WEEKS, PLUS THE MEDICINE WOULD BURN SO BAD THAT I WOULD OUT OF COMMISSION FOR 30 MINUTES. I SWITCHED TO REBIFF AND HAVE BEEN VERY RELIEVED. NOW I GET ONLY SMALL MARKS, VERY MINIMAL PAIN WITH INJECTION AND THE FLU-LIKE SX ARE SPORADIC, BUT MANAGEABLE. I TEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL FULLTIME AND HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD, SO I NEEDED SOMETHING THAT WOULDN'T RUIN MY LIFE. MY DOCTOR (OUT OF JOHN'S HOPKINS) SWITCHED ME AS SOON AS I TOLD HIM ABOUT THESE SX. YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR DOC TOO

Comment

Beta

My dd gave me in shot in lower arm and pain was so intense I skip that area now. Sorry to hear others have this experience.

Comment

I was having so many problems with my Copaxone injections (started Copaxone on 3/31/12) that I called Shared Solutions and asked them to send out another nurse for retraining. I have to recommend that.

This nurse actually checked out all of my injection sites and showed me where to inject and how deep to set the autoject. She made sure I knew how to do injections with both autoject and manual.

It was so helpful to retrain and though I still have some reactions, they are much less than before. I did hit a nerve in my right leg last week, but realized afterward that I didn't inject where the nurse told me to. My arms are the only area that really itch for a couple of days afterward. The other sites aren't too bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X