No announcement yet.

The best vitamins to give you energy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After doing some research on Choline, one of the ingredients in 5 Hour Energy, I came across this Pubmed.gov study:

The effectiveness of choline citrate infusions monitored by lymphocyte transformation test (LTT) in multiple sclerosis. A new approach to the diagnosis and treatment of the disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19855355

"During the 3 mo observation period, patients remained stable and no side-effects of the treatment were observed. In addition, some patients reported long-lasting improvement (less paresthesia and increase of muscle strength in lower extremities) which was demonstrated up to 3 years later. In one spectacular case a commercial pilot was able to return to duty again after treatment. This pilot was allowed back in to his position as a commercial flying cockpit member and is on duty for more than 4 yrs now."

A little more research on Choline yielded that while you get it in many foods and soy lecithin, the best form is L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine also known as "Alpha GPC", because it crosses the blood brain barrier. Alpha GPC can be found in health stores in capsules for about $20 a bottle and it seems popular with body-builders.

MSers with "brain fog" may be particularly interested in Alpha GPC as users say it helps focus concentration and thinking.

I think if you take Malic Acid with Alpha GPC you're looking at a powerful combination that will increase physical energy, improve cognition and quite possibly slow MS progression.

I would add vitamin D3, Calcium 2-AEP and Magnesium as there is evidence they reduce exacerbations as well.

Comment

Knuckle,

Thank you for such great research.

Comment

Working...
      X