need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help

I was dx with ms in 2010 i havent been able to take my shots because i lost my job of 17yrs so no insurance. my question is i had ran out of my pain pills is it normal to feel like u r coming out of ur skin? and to have ur muscles tighten up so much ur body is stuck and u have to strech ur muscles out in order to move has this happened to anyone else and how do u cope?

That happens to me when I forget to take my med. Have you checked out to see if your med has a program to get assistance with paying for it? I go to walmart for my meds because I too have no insurance and they have a discount program for tons of meds and also have a 4.00 med list. I have one med that is 80.00 but with their discount program I only pay 18.00. Something worth checking out. Good luck to you.

Comment

you can checkout the nmss at; http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...rms/index.aspx

while there you can find the phone numbers for the different drug companies.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I am so sorry you are in this position and I hope you can find assistance to get on the meds you need.

In the meantime, drink plenty of water, and take extra magnesium for your spasticity. You are likely going through a bit of withdrawal from the pain meds, so water and fluids will help flush you out.

I hope this is helpful in some way.

Comment

I'm sorry that you are in this position - as another poster mentioned, contact the pharmaceutical companies as they are quite often very helpful. For example, the drug I'm on, Avonex - the manufacturers will offer it for free if you qualify.

You are in my prayers.
          Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
          UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

SS has new guidelines. I called once this morning and once the night before last.

They will cover a copay up to $2500 a month and up to $12,000 a year.

For example, my copay is $1700 a month. SS will cover the copay for $35 and the $1700 will go towards my out of pocket deductible of $5,000 and will be maxed out after 4 fills which is only $6,800.

This new guidelines started at the end of March. I would call again and resubmit your application!!!

Comment

Working...
            X