Neurontin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin

Hey guys.. Doc put me on 300mg of neurotin 4x a day. I feel loopy! Will I overcome these side effects in a few days or do I need to tell the dr I can't take this med? Love you all!
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

I use to take 300 3 x a day & Tramadol. I got off both. Now, occasionally I will take a 300 at night to help me sleep. I will still be loopy the whole next day.

My neuro just put me on 100 mg 2 times a day to help with numbness. His assistant told me to start with one at night for a week and build up to two.

Sara

Comment

Hi Teacher, did you begin talking this med at your full dose or did you start taking small amounts, gradually increasing until you reached your full dose?
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

No, I took one pill! I feel so loopy!
        Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

I take 300mg/3x a day as I have pretty extensive nerve pain in my legs and feet from transverse myelitis. I started on 100mg/3x/day at first then worked my way up to 900mg total a day (which is still a low dose, many TM folks take 2400-3600mg/day)

I was very slow in working up to my current dose (over 3 months time) as even 100mg more than usual makes me feel dopey and off-kilter. The dopey-ness DOES wear off in a few weeks, and frankly I couldn't live without the pain-relief as I can barely stand for more than 5 minutes without it, and on it, I can walk 2-3 miles and almost ignore the sensations.
          RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

That stinks because it is a good pain drug. As with Kate, it took a while to get to full dose (I used to take 600mg 3 times per day, now I only need 300mg 2 times per day). When the dose went down it was handled the same way... gradually.

It is an anti-seizure med so don't take your "loopiness" lightly.

Can you talk to your neuro and tell him/her about this? Maybe there is a lower dose pill available that you could take until you've worked up to to the full dose.

Let us know how you make out.

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

me too

Started me on big dose, but was so loopy, high, I guess. Then went to 100 mg at night which helped me sleep, helped resless legs. Now I don't take it at all as everything seems normal. Just doing beta, baclofen, ampyra - enough for me!!!!!

Comment

Neurontin

Hi, I take 900mg 3 times a day 2700mg per day and I ocassionally feel loopy or that high feeling but it does help me. Good Luck!

Tony

Comment

Hi it's Janelle

My e-mail address is in my profile if you want to contact me.

Comment

I've been at 300x4 for over three months, and I can say yes, your body should adjust. For the first few days I felt very chatty and slightly loopy. Then I had a period where each pill would make me pretty drowsy. Now I've acclimated to it and all I seem to experience is reduced tingling in my feet and legs, as designed.

I find I sleep better on Neurontin, so that's a bonus.

Comment

Started low...worked high

I started @ 100mg a day for a wk then 200mg wk then 300mg...My Neuro wanted me to take 300mg a day.

I now take 900mg in the morning, afternoon and 1200mg before bed and I would like to up it to another 300mg to make it a even 1200mg all day long. I find that the Topamax messes with me more then anything.

But I have adjusted to it all...lol The key is to start as slow as possbile to let your body adjust and then slowly up ur dose to what u and ur Neuro feel works for you.

Goodluck
                      isamadjul
                      (allyson)
                      DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

I guess I'm just naturally oblivious to my body, but I've never noticed any sidefx at up to 3x300mg/day (including sometimes taking 2 at a time)...
                        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
                        X