Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"29 Gifts" Stories! Share Your Inspiring Stories Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"29 Gifts" Stories! Share Your Inspiring Stories Here!

During the weeks and months after the webcast, please share your 29 Gifts Stories! These stories will inspire everyone!
    Please share your stories by posting/replying in this thread!

Learn How A Month of Giving Can Change Your Life! "29 Gifts" Live Webcast on March 29, 8PM EST

Interact LIVE with Cami Walker, author of "29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life"

You can register for this webcast by clicking here.

With your registration, you will receive a link to download a free "giving calendar".

At the end of the webcast, we will have a random drawing for those who registered. The three winners of the drawing will receive a "29 Gifts Starter Kit," valued at $29.29, including an autographed copy of the book, from the 29gifts.org boutique.

Cami lives with MS just like all of us!
    Her book, "29 Gifts", is a New York Times Best Seller!

Click here to watch Cami Walker on the Today Show, talking about her book "29 Gifts".

Please submit any questions for Cami prior to the webcast. You can e-mail your questions to QandA@msworld.org

Click here to read the book review on "29 Gifts".
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Ringer1319/RingpOP
    MSWorld Volunteer
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

This is going to be so good!!!!!

Comment

Starting challenge April 1st. Who's with me?

Just finished the 29 Gifts book this afternoon and listened to the webcast this evening. I have decided that I will begin the 29 gifts in 29 days challenge this Sunday, April 1st. I am really looking forward to hearing (reading) about others' experiences.
      ~Lisa~
      "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

I loved listening to Cami's webcast! I also was inspired to start 29 Gifts today, April 1st. I ventured out to our Walmart store today. (which can be an adventure on a Sunday afternoon, the Sunday before Easter!) and as I was standing in the checkout line in the Garden Center, I noticed a sweet little girl standing beside one of their Miracle Network coin collectors, the kind where you put a coin and and it spirals around all the way to the bottom. I could see that she was trying to figure it all out so I gave her a quarter. The smile and giggles were priceless. Soon her older sister joined her, curious where she got a coin, I got a quick nod, a point and a smile. So I gave big sister a quarter also. Mom was behind me in line, a baby in her arms. She was also smiling and whispered "Thank You". Made my day! This was so simple and soooo worth it! Please give it a try!

Comment

Today is the Day!

Even though I didn't officially start my 29-Day challenge until today, I have to share a give from yesterday. I live in Wyoming, and Wyoming means rodeo. There was a bull-riding event last night that I was excited to attend with my family; however, I overdid it in the morning and knew I was going to have a full day today, so I decided to stay home.

We'd already purchased the tickets, though. I suggested to my husband that he leave the extra ticket at the box office and tell the employee to give it to the next person needing a single ticket. Shortly after he and the kids were settled in their seats, he sent me the following text: "Lady from Australia got your ticket & is very appreciative. This is her first rodeo. Good job."

Today's giving wasn't as "awesome," as I had a small meltdown after getting frustrated with my MS-related limitations. I then realized that I was nice to someone with whom I work in the church nursery who most people make fun of and don't want to be around, I cleaned out my freezer (gift to my family of being able to find things), I allowed my oldest child to have extra video game time and I make a conscious decision to change my attitude about my disease and my resulting limitations.
          ~Lisa~
          "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

giving a gift a day can be addictive!

I am on my second round of "giving" - and the reciprocity is so amazing! One story I want to share involves my daughter's "rescue dog". Cappy is her name and she was rescued from a shelter in Cleveland. Cappy is by far the most devoted dog I have ever known. She and my daughter, Allie, are joined at the hip so to speak...and the devotion goes both ways. With time, Cappy had come to trust and love the rest of the family. This is a dog loving household, to say the least. There are three dogs, and Cappy has fitted in well with everyone...but she is extremely timid and shy.

The other day, I was sitting at the kitchen table as usual with the dogs at my feet, sleeping. I became aware of Cappy's eyes on me, and her tail quietly wagging...it was almost like she was saying "thanks for everything today". I didn't want to waken the other dogs, but I just had to touch her and say "thanks for being you today". And then I noticed a treat that had fallen on the floor and was just sitting at my feet. (which in this house never happens!) I picked it up and handed it to her while the rest of the dogs continued their nap (which also never happens in this house) Cappy laid down at my feet with her eyes still on me, as if to say thank you. I noted that "gift" in my journal, with a smile.

Comment

Working...
            X