Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed

Okay so I woke this morning with the flu. Since this morning, it feels like my MS is becoming worse and worse. My legs don't really want to work at all, and I am in severe pain from head to toe. My husband tried to help me sit up and just his touch put me into so much pain. I know that MS and the flu are not an ideal combination. But I am wondering for those of you have experience with this, is this something to go to the hospital over and get some solumederol?

Sorry you are ill!

If this is a flare, you will need help from your Dr ASAP but no, don't go the hospital.

Tell your Dr tomorrow first thing and convey what is happening.
    Do you have meds for your pain?
    Take an aspirin to help with pain just a little.

Again, sorry you are ill.

Comment

What twisterred said. Sorry to hear that you're ill, but don't go to the hospital - you don't want to be exposed to other things that could make your condition worse.

Give your doctor a call in the morning.

Hope you feel better soon.
      Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
      UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I hate to hear when someone is in pain. It is a personal thing-no one can judge how much you hurt but you. I've went to the hospital for pain before because it isn't the kind of pain where you can take some tylenol and get relief. If an aspirin makes a difference than yes, wait and give your doctor a call in the morning. If it doesn't and your not sure what to do, than call him/her now. I am sure that they have someone on call to talk to you.

Maybe there is something they can say to get you some relief till they can see you tomorrow and keep you from having to go to the hospital. From the way you describe the pain as "severe" it leads me to believe your in more pain than your used to. Needlessly suffering does no one any good.

I wear a patch and have meds to take for break through pain. It can be relentless, deep, tearing, incredible pain that can get out of hand quickly and the only way to get it under control is through meds from the doctor or the ER.

Do what you need to do for you. I hope you feel better.

Comment

Call your neuro...but anytime you get sick with MS (i.e. the flu, a bladder infection, etc) it can send you into a pseudoexacerbation.

It's not a real exacerbation, it's just your body reacting to the illness, and it ramps up your MS symptoms, but it's temporary. Once the illness subsides, so do the MS symptoms that are flaring.

Here's a link to a nice, short, concise explanation of the possible problem:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/pse...n-reality.html

Comment

Working...
          X