Rebif & Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif & Depression

I have been on Rebif for about 4 months. It finally dawned on me, that I'm depressed. I haven't enjoyed American Idol hardly at all this season. I usually love it! Do I just tell the neuro about it or what should i do?

Sara

Definately tell a doctor, it is not something to play with or have to deal with alone, I've been on Rebif for years and have just been taken off because it has made my white blood cell count to plummit.
    These drugs are hard on our bodies and it's hard enough to deal with day to day life with MS.

Comment

Thanks

I have already been lowered back to 22 beause of low white blood count.

I will e-mail my Dr.

Sara

Comment

Now confused!

The Dr. wanted to know how depressed I am?? That they could call in an AD. If I was feeling good otherwise on Rebif, but I'm not. But the question now for me, Is if I was better emotionally, would the physical be also?

Sara

Comment

Sara, after my diagnosis I was very depressed. It wasn't caused by the meds, but I not only felt terrible mentally, but I was incredibly fatigued, and the lack of movement affected me physically. I went on anti-depressants for awhile, and the change was incredible. My fatigue was almost completely gone, and the more I moved the better I felt.

Will you feel physically better if you treat depression? It's really impossible to say, but there is no way to know unless you try it!

Comment

Thanks! How are you doing on Rebif?

Sara

Comment

I started on a AD today. We will see?! I HATE how I feel now, sure hope it works!

My neuro said my WBC is up to 3200, but stll low. What is normal?

Sara

Comment

Rebif & Depression

I have been on Rebif since my diagnosis about 6 years ago. In answer to your question about white blood count: Normal range varies slightly between laboratories but is generally between 4,300 and 10,800 cells per cubic millimeter (cmm). I have always done very well on Rebif both as far as side effects are concerned and lack of formation of new lesions. I think that I do suffer from depression to some extent but I don't think it rises to the level where I medical intervention is necessary. I hope your new anti-depressant helps you.

Comment

Me too! I'm so tired of being out of sorts!

Thanks for the info. about WBC!

Sara

Comment

Worsening depression is one of the reasons I quit Rebif. Truth be told I don't know for sure that it was the Rebif. I am now back to my regular cyclical depression bouts. I haven't really wanted to mess with the ADs much. I had an awful experience with Prozac. I am so sensitive to minor asjustments in ADs that I will admit they scare me.

I was on Rebif for 2 years when the anxiety around the shots and my depression issues got to be too much. Not to mention I had relapsed 3 times in those two years.

The site reactions with Copaxone were horrible and not the usual itchy lumpy thing. It was something else. I ran out of injection sites because of the reactions.

I haven't tried Betaseron or Avonex yet, but now that I am quitting G - I will have to consider them or nothing for now.

Comment

Have you thought of ldn?

Comment

depression...

whatever you do do not go on PAXIL. this drug caused more problems than its worth and was terrible to get off of!

insomnia, constipation, terrible withdrawel felt like i was a heroine addict.

shakes, sweats, sooo sick
                        moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Thanks for the info.! Scary! Kinf of like when I just stopped Tramadol suddenly. BAD!!

I'm feeling a lot better. I don't know if is being off Rebif or the AD or both.

Sara

Comment

Each med can affect each person differently. Are you able to exercise? It's the best antidepressant.

Comment

What BigA said - exercise is definitely the best antidepressant

Even if it's something like taking a stroll every day, it does wonders!

Hope the AD will continue to help you!
                              Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                              UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X