Does your fatigue hurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your fatigue hurt?

When you hit the FATIGUE wall does it hurt? I mean I am so fatigued it hurts. Does that make sense to anyone? Not like I stubbed my toe pain, but like hurts to move. I can't seem to be able to explain it to anyone.

I hadn't really thought of it that way, but now that you mention it, there is a (blurry) line where the bone-tired, muscle-weak fatigue crosses over into a type of pain. What do you know, I can't describe it either!!
    "I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Comment

Yes!

I know exactly what you mean, cali. There are times when I almost feel flu-ish when I get extremely fatigued. For me it's an all-over achiness, though sometimes I end up with spasms, too. At times it even feels as though my head is too heavy for my neck. It's like all of my muscles are fatigued and it takes more energy than I've got to keep myself upright (either sitting or standing). These things are often difficult to put into words, but I do mean what you know! I enjoy reading these threads because mostly people here "get it," whereas my family and friends just have to take my word for it.
      ~Lisa~
      "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

YES! Someone else actually gets this. When that hits, I sometime find it too difficult to get up and get to the other side of my bed. I often sit on the left side (to use my iPad, or watch TV), but to lie down, I need to get in on the right side. It's the only way I can get my 'bad' leg up on the bed. I can't function when this hits. If it comes on fast, I just grab a pillow and lean to one side, with my feet still on the floor. I'll immediately drop off to awaken an hour or so later and go around to the other side of the bed to lie down right. It sounds crazy, but it hurts too much to move.

Comment

YES!!! Have you ever seen the commercials for cymbalta? "Depression hurts, cymbalta can help". That's how this MS fatigue makes me feel. The only thing that helps my fatigue and fatigue-pain is tons of D and B12 and those aren't magic pills, just helpful.

Comment

I must totally agree

I hurt so bad in my shoulders and upper arms that it wakes me up during the night. When I try to get out of bed to take something, I can not move at all. I did not realize how much I used my shoulders and upper arms to maneuver in and out of my bed. It is so miserable for a couple hours after getting out of bed while trying to get my joints to loosen up. I have to keep telling myself that this is just a temporary symptom of MS and that it will go away next week only to be replaced by another problem.

Mystery37

Comment

Absolutely. Thought it was just me. Head hurts, arms hurt, legs hurt.

Comment

yes it does. I can tell I'm about to have a bad ms day when I start walking in the morning. It feels like my body is sinking down into and onto, my hips and core. It is so hard to describe to anyone. It both hurts and scares me, I worry and wonder if it's starting a new relapse or am I just going to be super fatigued.

Comment

Yes, it hurts. My head hurts, legs like lead, muscles hurt and generally feel like c**p. I have to hit the bed for a while. Body must rest.

Comment

must totally agree

For all that have replied about the pain, please try 200 mg of Celebrex daily. It makes for a very significant difference to my pain. The problem is I forget to take it daily and boy I feel it the next day. I swear by it. Please try!

Mystery37

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I guess it just feels better when someone truly understands what you're saying.

Mystery, I actually do take 400mg of Celebrex daily. And it does help. Just not enough I guess.

Comment

So that's what it is!

It's not just that they don't make toothpicks
                        heavy-duty enough to keep the peeps open.
                        It's feeling like I'm coming down with something at the same time. Achy all over...like
                        my skin hurts. Eureka!!

Explains why, by morning, all systems are back
                        to fully functional.....situation normal....the kid
                        back in the upright and locked position. All this
                        time, I thought my immune system had
                        actually won a round!

Who knew!

Me
                        "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Comment

I tried to explain it to someone the other day. I forget who. LOL

I told them that it feels like I stayed awake for 48 hours with no food or drink and ran a 5-day marathon within that 48 hours. To me this sums it up perfectly.

Comment

yes. when i am extremely tired my skin hurts, like everywhere i am touching is bruised. it seems to be especially painful near my neck, chest, and shoulders. it is something that has happened for a few years now, and i always thought it was strange. other times, when i am very tired i will get achy especially in my leg muscles.
                            dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

YES , YES , and YES.

Comment

Working...
                              X