"I Am Not Going To Get Up Today!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I Am Not Going To Get Up Today!"

The Dr Suess book has a much different meaning than it did when I used to read it to my children. Even when you feel like it, it may not be easy.
    Steve
    sometimes you can't make it on your own

You know I don't think I've ever read that Seuss book...maybe that was one of his later ones.

I get up, rather than staying in bed, because....

Somebody could start a thread, and we could all chime in our reasons. You're right, it doesn't get easier. I actually get up because I feel better up and in my recliner than I do in the bed. Why that is I have no idea. I do still work, but from home, and I don't sit at the desk, most often in the recliner with my laptop.

It would be interesting to find out the number of folks who are more comfortable in bed versus sitting up. The bed makes me hurt, but the physical effort to get out of the bed does get harder.

Speaking of Dr. Seuss...he wrote a book called called You're Only Old Once...for Obsolete Children. Supposedly after he started having illness and had to go to doctors a lot, he felt compelled to write it. It's classic Seuss, quite enjoyable if you've never read it. I got the impression he wasn't too fond of medical facilities or procedures. The sketches are hilarious.

When at last we are sure
    You’ve been properly pilled,
    Then a few paper forms
    Must be properly filled
    So that you and your heirs
    May be properly billed.
    • You're Only Old Once! : A Book for Obsolete Children (1986)

Comment

The bed is very comfortable to me, of course my bladder never lets me stay too long

I suppose having a good reason to get up would help but that's a whole other issue.
      Steve
      sometimes you can't make it on your own

Comment

I am just headed to bed and I think I am "Not going to get out of bed until noon tomorrow". Maybe I'll write that book.

Tomorrow is going to be a cold and damp day - reason #1 to stay in bed.

House is clean and food shopping is done - reason #2 to stay in bed.

I just feel like it - reason #3 to stay in bed.

I may not be sleeping but watching and old movie or an episode of Law and Order I have only seen 10 times. - reason #4 to stay in bed.

So Paul (my DH) bring me up coffee and a cream filled donut then shut the bedroom door and don't bother me until noon.

Because - I am staying in bed until noon tomorrow. (Sat. morning)
        Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

IMO, beds have only two uses: sleeping and snuggling!
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I really didn't want to get out of bed today.
            I slept 11 hours too.
            I woke up feeling lonely and depressed and just really out of sorts....

I got up tho because I needed to exercise.
            That meant going up my long driveway and back.
            It is raining buckets, dampening my already dark mood, but I walk.
            The gray skies match my mood and my hair.

It's my dh's birthday and we are hosting a party this evening.
            So I will fake it throughout the day and be cheerful for the birthday boy and guests.

But I'd rather still be in bed!!!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Going through another sleep phase!

I've always been a night owl, but it's getting ridiculous now. Some nights I will be in bed and 'awake' till 5 or 6 in the morning; then fall asleep!!! I don't get any sleepier no matter what I do. Tried going to bed at 10:00 or 11:00 and no t.v., kindle, etc. Still lie awake.

Tired all day of course and if I take my nuvigil, then I'll be awake all night again OR have to take a sleeping pill. Sort of a pill to turn me off or on; don't like that idea.

Walk through the house in the dark, look out into the woods, see the stars, ......just would love to fall asleep like I did 30 yrs ago AND wake up refreshed.

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

......just would love to fall asleep like I did 30 yrs ago AND wake up refreshed.

Diane[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be nice. I agree with the above post...bed is for sleeping or snuggling. We don't have a tv in our room for that reason. I wish I could stay in bed more than 3-4 hrs a night, but unfortunately the pain gets the better of me. I have to get up, even though lately that is becoming a chore. I invested in one of those memory foams for our bed...hubby loves it, it does nothing for my pain. I am now up to 800mg Lyrica a day and lately it doesn't do much for the pain either.
                To quote Diane again...Just would love to fall asleep like I did 30 yrs ago and wake up refreshed...and pain free!!!
                If Your DREAMS DON'T SCARE YOU, THEY ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH...Dare to Dream

Comment

Working...
                X