Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescribed Copaxone, Don't think i can do it though.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bops As somebody who was dx in 2008 and terrified of needles, I can completely understand. I put off treatment until this year when I could have possibly began years ago.

So kudos to you for being willing to go on Copaxone as soon as you found out - THAT in itself requires courage. You can do this!
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

It's not as bad as you think. It sounds awful; you can't believe you have to it; you can't quite believe you've got MS, either.
      The first time is the worst.
      Once you give yourself a few injections, you get used to it.
      Honestly.

Comment

Thank you so much for your support guys. I gave myself my fhird injection today. It was not as horrible as i had imagined it being. I honestly couldnt feel the needle going in but the injection site burned really bad for about an hour afterwards. I have a lot of family support and my sister and husband have given me the injection all 3 times...I CAN DO IT..and you guys are right....it sucks, but it was the hand i was dealt so i have to manage it the best i can whether i like it or not. I was given this amazing chance to help slow the progression, and if it werent for my friend Joie, I still would not know i had MS, and years down the road i definitely would not be as lucky as i am right now......

anyways, thanks for the continued encouragement.

Comment

WTG on continuing the injections! They really do get better, but the burn...burns.

Comment

you guys were completely 100% right....It is just a part of my daily routine now. I had an issue one day with trying to load the autoject too quickly and ended up leaving the cap cover on SOOO...it squirted everywhere..I decided that day to manually inject..it was MUCH LESS PAIN that way...so now i manually inject...it is crazy that something that i would have passed out at just the sight of 6 months ago is a breeze...it still burns..and still is not my favorite thing to do, but if it means less attacks im in

Comment

Does it always burn, even if you warm it up?

Sara

Comment

Good for you bops mama!
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Sara Angela View Post
                  Does it always burn, even if you warm it up?
                  I would call it a bee sting feeling, not burning, but after 5 months it still happens 9 times out of 10. The intensity and duration varies quite a bit, though.
                  1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                  NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

bops,

I am soooo proud of you!

Self injecting is so easy.
                    Remember you can go outside of approved areas.
                    It will take time for your body to get used to Copaxone, so don't fret or worry about the itching and reactions.
                    They will lessen over time.

Practice what you'll do IF an IPIR (initial post injection reaction) happens.

Grab a bag of frozen veggies from the freezer and use that to cool down yourself.
                    Call out to someone if they are home.
                    Lie down, hold still.

Chills might happen too.
                    Just bear with it.

I've never heard of a 911 call or trip to the hospital equal the best choice. All I've read of is "by the time the ambulance arrived, I felt fine".

So, although it truly will be no fun, it should be over quickly.

I share this to just make you aware now that you have conquered injecting with Copaxone.

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X