Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. in Devon

knuckle,
    Yes, you are correct. Dr Mulders is my go-to guy. He prescribes my LDN, my neuro did not know what that was !! My neuro tells me that there isn't any FDA approved meds for PPMS. And, as I am on the 'net' more than him, I will probably find out about the first drug for PPMS before him !! Let me say that I see my neuro because he takes my insurance, Dr. Mulders doesn't (cash or check). But, I feel I must see a doctor who thinks 'out of the box' ! Dr. Mulders has me on a bunch of supplements which cost about $100 every three months and LDN, hydrocortisone, and a mood adjuster. Most of all he has been doing the diet thing a long time. He tested for stuff that my primary care doctor and my neuro didn't, even though these tests would be covered by my insurance !! That's all of the pharmaceuticals. He really pushes the McDougall diet. I have a hard time with following it, but that is my goal !! Hope you are well.

Comment

Don't know if this is a result of ACV, but wow has my psoriasis cleared up since I started this regime! Of course, it could be a coincidence, could be my proper Ph balance checking in OR it could even be a result of the dark chocolate with the high cacoa content I started taking at about the same time as the ACV. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist so take it for what it's worth. I'm just so happy with my skin right now that I had to throw my theory out there and see if anyone else has tried this for psoriasis and had similar results.
      Tawanda

Comment

I'll bet if you just take Malic Acid caps with Magnesium you'll see the same or better results.

I'm taking 600mg Malic Acid before each meal and it has been remarkable the positive effects on my skin.

When you look at the similarities going on between MS and Psoriasis, the fact that BG12, Fumaric Acid, Malic Acid and APV improve symptoms, this is a big deal.

I wouldn't be surprised that if you started supplementing with Malic Acid and Vitamin D upon the first diagnosis of MS, along with a low-fat diet, you could avoid the MS drugs completely.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckle View Post
          When you look at the similarities going on between MS and Psoriasis, the fact that BG12, Fumaric Acid, Malic Acid and APV improve symptoms, this is a big deal.
          Wow knuckle...I personally find your post very thought provoking considering that when the M.S. hit, my immune switch was definately triggered in other ways as Psoriasis and allergies entered my life at the same time.

I remember reading on "M.S. Bytes" how M.S. research is concentrating on the functioning of the immune system more than demylenated neurons and such.

Despite my addition of a 3rd cat (and I am allergic to cats and dust and a ton of other things) and Spring coming, I can honestly say my allergies have been improved along with my psoriasis since ACV (been taking it for over a month now). The only thing I can't say for sure is that my M.S. has improved . Perhaps my M.S. has also simmered down and it's just not as obvious (as in, I could be worse!).

I will keep monitoring my ACV results and look into the Malic Acid suggestion. So far my skin is lovely compared to how it has been for years, even my inner ears which have traditionally been an awful area for my psoriasis. My knees and elbows have never looked better.

I hope this isn't going to wind up like that movie, "Awakenings"! When all is said and done, there are times when I've thought the pain, itch and looks of Psoriasis worse than my M.S.!
          Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
            Wow knuckle...I personally find your post very thought provoking considering that when the M.S. hit, my immune switch was definately triggered in other ways as Psoriasis and allergies entered my life at the same time.

I remember reading on "M.S. Bytes" how M.S. research is concentrating on the functioning of the immune system more than demylenated neurons and such.

Despite my addition of a 3rd cat (and I am allergic to cats and dust and a ton of other things) and Spring coming, I can honestly say my allergies have been improved along with my psoriasis since ACV (been taking it for over a month now). The only thing I can't say for sure is that my M.S. has improved . Perhaps my M.S. has also simmered down and it's just not as obvious (as in, I could be worse!).

I will keep monitoring my ACV results and look into the Malic Acid suggestion. So far my skin is lovely compared to how it has been for years, even my inner ears which have traditionally been an awful area for my psoriasis. My knees and elbows have never looked better.

I hope this isn't going to wind up like that movie, "Awakenings"! When all is said and done, there are times when I've thought the pain, itch and looks of Psoriasis worse than my M.S.!
            Couldn't agree more. Autoimmunity is the disease, our immune systems are destroying "self". When the bad, misinformed immune cells decide to go to different areas of the body then there are medical terms to lable as MS, Crohns, Lupus, etc. The deal is we are working to slow our immune systems.

I consider my illness as autoimmunity. The medical community would say I have MS and Vitiligo. My guess is I could pick up more names of diagnosis if it continues.
            Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Tawanda,

Try this...google each of the following with "psoriasis".

Curcumin
              Cinnamon
              Cayenne
              Saffron
              Fish oil
              Vitamin D
              Calcium AEP
              Octacosanol
              N-aceytl glucosamine
              N-acetyl cysteine
              Alpha Lipoic Acid

Now do the same thing with "multiple sclerosis".

Looks to me that you can treat MS the same way you treat Psoriasis except that MS drugs cost much more than Psoriasis drugs.

Which supports why Fumaderm sold for Psoriasis in Europe will cost so much more as "BG12" for MS.

Comment

Tawanda,

Curcumin
                Cinnamon
                Cayenne
                Saffron
                Fish oil
                Vitamin D
                Calcium AEP
                Octacosanol
                N-aceytl glucosamine
                N-acetyl cysteine
                Alpha Lipoic Acid

Looks to me that you can treat MS the same way you treat Psoriasis except that MS drugs cost much more than Psoriasis drugs.

Which supports why Fumaderm sold for Psoriasis in Europe will cost so much more as "BG12" for MS.
                Wouldn't it be great if all those things came in one pill or a patch? Oddly, I just read about the Cheyenne Pepper today. All the topical steroid goo the dermatologist prescribed did nothing and because of my M.S., I was told the injectable treatments are not an option for me. Heck, I'd rather drink ACV by the gallon than try those scary shots anyway!

Am I guessing the "Fumaderm" and "BG12". I think general autoimmune studies are our best bet for finding answers to treating and maybe even curing M.S. along with stuff like Lupus, Crohns, etc.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that my brother has R.A. and some sort of arthritic psoriasis (like the pro golfer on that commercial has) and comes from the same crappy gene pool as me! Your list of supplements may be beneficial to a lot of us auto-immune challenged people and not just us MSers.

All this stuff comes from my mother side of the family as you can see autoimmune problems everywhere. Nothing on my Dad's side at all.

My maternal family is part of an MS Cluster study being conducted at the UofSF California. I hope they are sharing their findings with the other autoimmune disease researches and that they reciprocate. Ultimately I think it's this pool of evidence that is really going to give us the answers. I used to describe M.S. as a disease that made my nervous system go nuts. Now I see M.S. as more of a Pac Man thing eating the wrong stuff and don't give my nervous system the blame that I once did.
                Tawanda

Comment

I think that drinking apple cider vinegar tastes nasty, but, I take it sometimes to help with weight issues. Combining it with tomato juice or V8 juice makes it more tolerable.

~ Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Apple cider vinegar (shortly known as ACV) is a type of vinegar made from the cider or the apple. It has cobweb-like appearance and could make vinegar look slightly congealed.

Comment

ACV

My family gets apple cider made just for drinking purposes. It's the same thing as the vinegar except it's in the form before it turns into vinegar.

Comment

ACV users suffering needlessly??

Originally posted by rexhemi View Post
                        My family gets apple cider made just for drinking purposes. It's the same thing as the vinegar except it's in the form before it turns into vinegar.
                        ??I wonder why ACV is so heavily promoted if apple cider does the same thing without the gross vinegar part?? I need to look into this. I'd much rather drink that than gagging down my 2 Tbs of ACV every day!
                        Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Miles View Post
                          Couldn't agree more. Autoimmunity is the disease, our immune systems are destroying "self". When the bad, misinformed immune cells decide to go to different areas of the body then there are medical terms to lable as MS, Crohns, Lupus, etc. The deal is we are working to slow our immune systems.

I consider my illness as autoimmunity. The medical community would say I have MS and Vitiligo. My guess is I could pick up more names of diagnosis if it continues.
                          BTW, I never had allergies until M.S. either. My allergy doc connected the psoriasis to the allergies, and I guess it wouldn't be out of the question to connect those two things to the M.S. One big unhappy autoimmune family living in my body My hope is, though, that if you find something that simmers one of them down, natural or pharmacutical, that the other AI problems may benefit to some degree as well.
                          Tawanda

Comment

Tawanda,

Curcumin
                            Cinnamon
                            Cayenne
                            Saffron
                            Fish oil
                            Vitamin D
                            Calcium AEP
                            Octacosanol
                            N-aceytl glucosamine
                            N-acetyl cysteine
                            Alpha Lipoic Acid

Knuckle, I just received a giant order of vitamin supplements from Life Extension which included 6 of what you listed above. I am excited to see what they do for me, energy-wise.
                            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I've added 800mg of Malic Acid to my daily vitamins. First 2 days I actually felt sort of jumpy/twitchy for an hour or so after taking it, so I skipped a few days to see if that was what it was - and it was! My husband decided he wanted to take it too, but it doesn't make him feel any different (he has mild eczema and wanted to see if it had any effect...it's too early to tell so far).

After pondering for a bitsy, I then decided that I should try taking it on a full-stomach, so I began again with breakfast last week, and so far I'm happy with it! Objectively, I'm not sure if it's the supplement, but my feet/legs/rear-end have felt less-painful: less buzzing, burning, and cramping which is making me VERY happy...the real test will be if it helps my leg sx when I have PMS (which makes everything hurt in general.)
                              RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

You know you can get ACV in pills.

I'm taking Malic Acid daily with meals (3 x 600mg). It's the equivalent of eating about 18 apples. Not that I'm fatigued (also take LDN) and am generally painless.

The main reason I take it is the connection with how BG12 works.

Comment

Working...
                                X