HELP! GIGANTIC HIVES FROM COPAXONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoject?

I am sorry youre having such severe reactions! I have had similar (though maybe not as severe) lumps and welt for the past 2 months on copaxone.

I recently talked to an advocate from SS and she suggested injecting manually. She said shes been on C for 12 yrs, manual, and doesnt have skin issues. She also recommended ice before and warm shower afterwards. I tried all this and have felt a world of difference. I was petrified adn nauseated at the thought of manual injections but I muscled through and have had so much relief.

I also take a zyrtec every night and think that helps a bit too. I lotion up like crazy to avoid itchiness and I avoid skinny areas or those with friction (from clothes or from being a bit plumper than I'd like

I think the C is helping me immensely, but you will have to weigh yourbenefits against the negatives. Try experimenting with manual injections, ice/ heat timing, and benadryl or something. But definitely make sure a doctor knows abouit what youre going through.

Good luck !

Comment

also...

Just to add a little positive note: I have been on C since Jan 12, 2012 and relapse free since Dec 2012. I know thats not long but I was cycling through distinct, clinical relapses every month for about 6 months prior.

Keep our head up!

Comment

I am having hives as well I had them 2 years ago and the all the sudden they went away.

My question is do the hives from Copaxone start as a welt and spread? And does anyone of you inject and then 2 days or so later the welts appear?

Andriani
        Truth is as hard as adamant and tender as a blossom.Gandhi (1869 1948)
        Knowledge is the only good & ignorance the only evil-Socrates
        He whom love touches not walks in darkness-Plato

Comment

I feel your pain!

I have been on Copaxone for 13 days and I am going through the same thing. The hives are huge...like a wasp stung me. SS told me the same thing and suggested I do the same thing they told you. I used the heat before like they said ONCE and will NEVER do that again...I got the largest welt yet...the thing is a beast and can be seen clear across the room. I'm just about to throw in the towel on Copaxone.

Comment

Working...
          X