Copaxone - how many shots do you miss??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone - how many shots do you miss??

Hi there! Last night I started my new Copaxone journal and noting locations for 2012 injections. (Makes it easier at shot time if I have that done in advance.)

Anyhow, that got me thinking about "shot vacations." It might be interesting to consider how many "vacation" shots Copaxone users take each year. (Oh, I try soooo hard to be diligent and inject even when I don't feel like it just to keep the C floating around in my system to fool those stubborn T cells!)

Last year I took 7 days off for the entire year...not too bad I think. HeHe! How many do you miss a month or year??

Only missed one

I started on Copaxone in August after being on Tysabri since Nov 0f '02. I take my shot in the morning right after my shower. The only time I missed a shot was when I forgot to take more Copaxone out of the refrigerator the night before. The shot is really easy with the autoject device and the only problem I had was the shot in the arms was painful so I stopped using my arms and doubled up on the hip injections. The hip injections never hurt and I have never missed a shot since.

Comment

Missing one day a week is the most I'll do. And I do it more often as of late. Missing seven in a year is good. I could miss seven in two months! It has nothing to do with me mentally (nothing much), but more to do with how I feel about what it does physically. I feel the need to give my body a break.

Comment

I technically have not missed a single shot in almost 5 months. With that being said, last night I had my fiance do my hip injection and I jerked which resulted in my C spraying all over my back. I know a little made it in but the majority of the shot just went everywhere. Is this a big deal if I miss just one shot?

Comment

I AM AWFUL :0(

I just started taking Copaxone and I was missing days here and there and now I know I missed about a week.. I guess if I knew exactly what it was doing to my body I would feel better about doing the injections.

I am bad when it comes to meds.. especially if I don't know whats it doing to my body... I know what its suppose to do..I agree with one of the other post not sure what its doing physically to my body.

I stay soooo tensed up and tight all the time, not sure if that plays a factor in how the meds will work for me. Would like some feedback...

I may start back on it.. I dunno. Not sure if its making matters worst. I am also going through menopause which is a CHALLENGE ALL BY ITSELF...

Wouldn't it be something if Copaxone helped with menopausal issues - I would not miss a single shot.. ha ha

Ms. Jay

Comment

It's only been a month, but I haven't skipped one yet.

I'll be happy to hear if every other day is enough (another thread has info about an every-other-day trial with good results), but in any case I don't find the injections a serious problem. Enough time for lipoatrophy might eventually change my mind, but the day to day issues are pretty minor for me so far (rash-like sx if too shallow).

-- Mark
            1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
            NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Well, I began Copaxone 17 months ago, and I am proud to say that it may be an oddity, but I have not missed one shot yet. I take my shot every morning and I recall that one time I forgot to and remembered in the early evening, and so I took it late that day. I think it's really best to ask your doctor if it's OK to miss it occasionally.

Comment

I've been on it a little over 9 months & have not missed one.

Comment

Too many, to be honest.

Comment

I have been on it for 3 months and have missed one shot. I take mine in the evening. We had been out extremely late came home went to bed and completely forgot.

Also, very faithful in keeping the shot journal of injection sites. I find that very helpful.
                    Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

I am a veteran of 8 years on Copaxone and haven't missed a day (even when sick with the flu and before and after a few surgeries). My motto is "a shot a day keeps my MS at bay". And, it most certainly has. Of course, we are all different. I'm too much of a wuss to miss a shot.....

Comment

I haven't missed one either.

I have lost two syringes by screwing up the autoinjector and watching the meds spray across the room (don't ask), but I still took shots those days.

Comment

...Also, I know my personality. If I allow myself to skip one, why not two? Three? A few a month? Mne a week? More?

I do them every.single.day to keep myself accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicious View Post
                            I have lost two syringes by screwing up the autoinjector and watching the meds spray across the room (don't ask), but I still took shots those days.
                            But I want to ask!

I've left the red cap on a couple of times, but I've figured out how to 're-load' without wasting the dose...
                            1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                            NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Four Years, maybe five shots missed

I would like to brag and say good for me ... but I'll tell the truth. After over four years, I quit Copaxone two months ago.

I'm feeling more like my old self. I have more energy, am less sleepy, and more cognitively together.

I've written a book about my experience with a diagnosis of RRMS and a treatment of Copaxone.

It's not your "I've got MS but MS doesn't have me" cheer. It's the truth, cold and simple ... but warmed by the loving support that has carried me through this passage.

I believe I'm through. Time will tell.

Terry
                              Last edited by Kimba22; 06-30-2015, 11:50 PM. Reason: compliance with guideline 7
                              First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
                              Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Working...
                              X