Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health care news consumers prefer longer stories

Ya-hoo!

Medical Journalist in Forbes.com,Matt Herper reported that when he switched from writing frequent short articles to writing less frequent longer articles his traffic numbers increased dramatically, showing that health care consumers not only want to know what but why.

"i think its partly because, in medicine, a lot of the challenge isn't just pointing out what is important, but also why" Matt says. "For a piece to be really valuable, you need to take the reader into another world." As you can see his audience is trending up, even as his output dramatically slows down.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lewisdvo...ng-strategies/

Ya-hoo! Texting's hold on culture is finally showing cracks!

(As you can guess, I'm not, nor ever have been a fan of texting. I just hoped the whole fad would blow over like the Farah Fawcett hairstyle of the '80's)
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, I loved my Farah hair! Can't wait for that style to come back around. Now hammer pants, those can stay historical forever.

Comment

you know i was thinking of the 70's when disco was so popular and how soon it went. Specifically i was thinking of the song "going away, going away, hey, hey,hey... hey going away,going away"...that Justin Timberlake does so well on the saturday night live skit..but i couldn't remember what decade or what group?.

so i just used the 80's and farrah fawcett's hair style. although i felt guilty for using her for that purpose, as she died a difficult death from anal cancer with many people telling how dignified and courageous she was as she fought her cancer, with humor, and faced her ulitmate death from it..

it was the BeeGee's(Barry Gibbs) in the LATE 70's during the disco era. that went so fast, it was a fad.

your Farrah Fawcette hairstyle is good and a great honor to someone who deserves to be honored!.

hammer pants i'm not so excited about either, not interested in them coming back. I'm looking forward to jean waist bands below the butt losing current appeal in some music artists. can't happen soon enough!
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
      X