Question breathing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question breathing problem

Good morning everyone. I have been have a problem with breathing for a long time. The doctors don't seem to find anything wrong. To me breathing is no longer an automatic process. I always feel like someone holding their breath except I'm not. I have to think about breathing and then do it. It is a very unconfortable feeling. I have lost my voice to the point where I can hardly make any sounds. I am so tried of repeating and trying to make others hear me. Swallowing liquids is a big pain. It seems to go down the wrong throat. The doctors are concerned about the swallowing but not the breathing or talking. I do know some of you have problems. What I would like to know is if they are similar to mine. Sometimes it just gets frustrating.

Lois

Hi Lois,

The timing on your post is interesting. My neurological disease would be similar to advance PPMS and shortness of breath has become a serious concern of my primary doctor.

Your symptoms caught my attention and your doctors are possibly missing putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

I recommend you do a search in the following categories which might yield some interesting answers and information for you.
    1. Sleep Apnea
    2. Causes of Shortness of Breath, Chest Wall & muscle diseases, of which MS is listed.
    3. American Heart Association - Shortness of Breath
    4. When is Shortness of Breath a Sign of a Medical Problem? Pay close attention to the list of symptoms.
    5. Shortness of Breath and Nervous System Problems

Many of the symptoms and how serious this condition on a persistent basis can be on the body were a big surprise to me. My pulse/ox is running between 88 and 92% the normal is 98 to 100%.

This may be the information you seek and present to your doctor for further evaluation. It opened my eyes and we are currently discussing my use of oxygen at home because of the above.

Good luck and I hope this is helpful.
    Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
    No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

I too have shortness of breath.
      I do not have to think about breathing as you mention, but I feel like my lungs just wont get enough air.
      Almost like I have a constant chest cold and my lungs are full.
      This just started a few months ago and I was wondering if maybe one of the meds the Dr has put me on has caused it, but I didn't find that side effect on any that I researched.
      DX 10/26/11

Comment

Working...
      X