Stuttering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttering?

Anyone else start to do that? Its only been a few days last week when i was responding to something i had to think about, not an easy answer type thing. i live alone & don't talk to myself often. i haven't noticed it before, is this a new ms type thing, anyone else develop stuttering. its kind of like stuttering is taking the place of "uhm..." "you know.." or fillers like that a person uses when the answer is difficult.

last time i was so focused on the stuttering that i forgot what i was trying to say. my senior citizen father said "welcome to the club". i don't think i would stutter if i kept to yes or no answers.

its like intention tremours i had for a while in my arm & leg when i started to move them,but now its in my voice & i just need to get the talking started for the stuttering to stop.

time before that a person was telling me he was a vietnam vet & had never recovered from the experience--i never did get my response out past the stuttering, he told i didn't have to say anything. so it was a difficult answer i was attempting to formulate.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

SSSSTTTUTTT.. UM.. RING

YES I HAVE DEVELOPED A STUTTER.. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING.. I TOOK MANY CLASSES ON PUBLIC SPEAKING.. SOO TO STUTTER IS.. WELL SUX..

I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT NOT ONLY I, BUT FRIENDS AND FAMILY DISCOVED MY SENSE OF HUMOR IN IT ALL.

MY HUSBAND AND I WERE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD.. AND I WAS STRUGGLING TO SAY A WORD... SO WHAT CAME OUT WAS.. "LOOK HONEY AT THOSE MMMMU .. OSTRICHES"! WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS MULE DEER... CAN YOU IMAGINE... OSTRICHES ROAMING FREE IN MONTANA!

ALTHOUGH, I CAN FIND HUMOR IN ALOT OF MY STRUGGLES... I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THIS CAN MAKE ANYONE FEEL "SILENT".. FOR SOME WHO DONT KNOW ME.. TRY TO ANSWER FOR ME.. AND THEY ARE WAAAAYY OFFF IN WHAT I WANTED TO SAY.. A SIMPLE YES OR NO IS CLEAR AND NO ONE CAN ASSUME WHAT YOU MEAN..

Comment

Oh yeah I stutter from time to time. It can be extremely annoying and usually catches me off guard. As well as the stuttering I also find myself searching for words.

Just the other day I was trying to say purple and I kept stuttering. Finally i pointed to something that was purple and said that color.

It is just another little MS annoyance.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Right after my exacerbation I developed a stutter - especially words beginnings with s. I'd say I'm from S-s-s-s-s-Seattle. Pretty bad.

I've mostly recovered from that, though, but it comes back if I get way overtired. So here's another one who's experienced that.
        Dx'd on 10-17-11
        Avonex since 10/28/11 - Tysabri since 1-26-12 - 18 doses, then Betaseron since 9/4/13
        Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what? – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations Book 7

Comment

I also stutter now.
          I was always very well spoken but for the past decade I have had bouts of stuttering.
          Now it seems to have gotten worse. Sometimes I lose words or can't spit out what I am thinking.

The funny thing is, I am still pretty good at tounge twisters like; Rubber baby buggie bumpers and Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, and the like.

It seems my thoughts are stuttering? When I am speaking sometimes there are dead spots in my thoughts.

Comment

This was one of the first symptoms I had and still have. It was so embarrassing because I was a maintenance supervisor and had to talk to the whole plant at monthly meetings and just the stress of thinking it was going to happen always made it worse. Now it just happens unannounced and I'm old enough I just don't care anymore

Comment

Working...
            X