No announcement yet.

MRI - Contrast Dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, where I get my MRI's done, if I haven't had the test that Rex is talking about done recently, they will do a blood test right before my MRI. But he is right, its not to see if your allergic to the dye. I wish it was that simple.

I got my results back and I do not have to have another one done with contrast! Yay! Everything is the same as usual. No additional lesions, no brain infection. Just the same lesions as the last time! Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by kingrex View Post
      If I were you, I wouldn't have the gadolinium in the future. Once you have an allergic reaction, the odds of having future (and possibly more severe) reactions is increased. I know your doctor wants to see if you have any "active" plaques, but it's not worth dying over. They can do it plain.

rex
      Agree totally! I had a minor reaction once and dont get it anymore because subsequent reactions will be worse (as w/ any allergic reaction).

Ive always gotten mri's w/ out gad and no problem they still see the changes easily just not if theyre considered active at the time. I really dont care about that.

Less kidney risk and costs less ! Fine with me

Comment

Working...
      X