Nuclear Sclerosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear Sclerosis

Just say my eye doctor I thought for optic neurotis. I found out I have an eye infection, dry eyes, gluacoma that needs to be taken care of right away and nyclear sclerosis.

I have never heard of nuclear sclerosis so I went to my computer to research it. I found that is rare in humans but very common in dogs and cats and I don't even have a dog or cat. I didn't know I belonged to the dog and cat family. I only found one paragraph about it in humans.
    It said it is a hardening of the lens and that the lens becomes thickened and becomes pale. That's all.

Has anyone heard of this or know anyone who has it? It has my curosity up.

Lois

Hi 1936siol:
    Whatever you read about nuclear sclerosis being rare in humans is wrong. The opposite is true. Nuclear sclerotic cataracts are, in fact, the most common kind of human age-related cataract. (http://www.visionaware.org/are_there...s_of_cataracts) The lens is normally clear and transparent. In nuclear sclerosis, it takes on a yellowish, brownish hue. (It doesn't become "pale.") Just about everybody develops some degree of nuclear sclerosis over time. It sounds like you may have read a veterinary site, on which information about humans is incorrect.

Comment

Working...
    X