Flare? Not a Flare? How will I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare? Not a Flare? How will I know?

I went to my neuro today because he had mentioned once about a med for fatigue. He never gave it to me though.
    Thursday night at work the fatigue hit me all of a sudden like a freight train. I could hardly even function and from about midnight, when it hit, and 7am I dozed off or fell asleep probably 50 times or so. Even while I was standing a couple of times. I have never in my life felt like this. I had gotten plenty of sleep that day, even more than I usually do. I was so scared because if any of the supervisors would have caught me dozing or sleeping I would have been walked out right then and there. I even wrote gibberish on some of my paperwork while in a dozing state.

Come Saturday my arms and legs were tingling and extremely weak, I keep falling backwards, not to the side, my balance is way off, I have been having tremors and my "little earthquakes" are back, when it feels like my bones are shaking. I have been having muscles twitches and or spasms in my arms legs and side. I feel like I am rocking or shaking all the time.

I go to neuro today for something for fatigue and explain to him what else is happening and he says he doesn't think it is a flare but that my brain is "changing"...changing?...what does he mean by that...does he mean rerouting or something of the sort...finding a different pathway? I don't know. How will I know when I have a flare, because I am feeling pretty darned bad right now.
    DX 10/26/11

A true flare-up of the disease? The general medical consensus is if you have new (neurological) symptoms, or the recurrence of previous ones, that last longer than 48 hrs., then you're dealing with a flare-up. Call your neuro and let him/her know! If they're worth their salt, they'll make time to see you.

Good luck! I remember reading that you're awaiting a diagnosis. I hope you get some answers soon!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

You didn't say how long you've been diagnosed or when your last exacerbation was, but it will take you a while to figure out what's old damage acting up, or new damage. Mostly, unless it's a dramatic shift or something you've never experienced before, it's just acting up, or what's called a "Pseudo-exacerbation".

Here's a very good explanation

https://www.virginiamason.org/workfi...acerbation.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X