No Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Options

I AM 60 YRS. OLD DX. IN 2008 EVEN THO I'VE HAD SYMPTOMS FOR YEARS. COULDN'T GET ANY DR. TO BELIEVE ME. WHEN I STARTED FALLING FINALLY SOMEBODY LISTENED HENCE, MY DX.
    PROBLEM IS SINCE I'M MOBILITY CHALLENGED BUT STILL WALKING (A LITTLE) I HAVE SLOWLY BEEN GAINING WEIGHT. I'VE HAD 2 BARIATRIC SURGERIES LOST A LITTLE BUT NOW AM AT THE POINT WHERE I AM DESPERATE TO GET RID OF THIS WEIGHT. SURGERY IS OUT AND BESIDES, IT IS NOT THE ANSWER.

SINCE I AM NOT ABLE TO EXERCISE DUE TO THE FATIGUE THAT FOLLOWS AND PAIN, ANY DIET IS PRETTY MUCH FUTILE. I EAT HEALTHILY BUT MY INTAKE IS GREATER THAN MY OUTPUT.

SO!!! I AM SO DEPRESSED OVER THIS THAT I HAVE SECLUDED MYSELF AND I RARELY GO OUT EXCEPT WHEN I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. I HAVE NO SUPPORT SYSTEM SO I INTERNALIZE FEELINGS. I FEEL THAT I HAVE NO OPTIONS LEFT AND AM HOPELESS ABOUT THIS. I HAVE ONLY SSDI TO LIVE ON SO I CAN'T AFFORD A GYM OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF COMMERCIAL PROGRAM. I USED TO BE A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BUT I NOW HAVE NO IDENTITY. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? I REALLY NEED HELP.

bless your heart!

welcome peachespepper!
    i'm so glad you found MSWorld!
    there are many out there who know how you feel. if you don't mind since your post is buried under such a long thread, i'm going to move this to General Questions so you can get more responses.
    there are truly many wonderful people here who want to genuinely help.

if you feel like you're at the end of your rope and have no other options, please, please, please call the Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255. They are a great bunch of people and can help you.

the MonSter is so unrelenting and can get you down. i understand what you mean about the weight loss. it's great that you're eating healthy, that helps a lot!
    gaining weight truly stinks, but we just have to do the best we can.

keep reaching out to others. going it alone is too hard. that's what we and a lot of other groups are about. helping each other through the tough times!

please keep us updated on how you are. we want to encourage you and help in anyway possible.
    i'll be praying for you!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Peachespepper!

I moved your question from the bottom of someone elses post in the Senior's Sanctuary to its own thread here in General Q&A. You should get more replies this way.

In answer to your question, you can call your local MS Society for help.
      Many chapters have nutritionists and counselors on staff. They also have exercise and yoga specifically for people with MS.

You can find your closest chapter at
      http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspx

Remember, even just a slow stroll around the neighborhood is better than nothing! That's about all I can handle. But it gets me out into the fresh air and keeps me moving for a little while.

I'm sure others will chime in with an abundance of great ideas.

Hang in there!
      Be well,

Comment

I'm pretty limited when it comes to exercise...especially walking. I can walk, just not too far, and not outside because I live in the " Sunshine State."

but I do try to take regular walks inside, maybe get up and walk back and forth down the hall, and anything is better than nothing.

If you have access to a PBS TV station they have a program called Sit and Be Fit and the exercises are done from a sitting position. Also on YouTube there are videos of exercise programs for older folks or disabled folks.

This disease plays havoc with our self-image and self-confidence, but if you could set small goals, perhaps you might feel more empowered once you accomplished them.

Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
        X