Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repeating same flare over and over....help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating same flare over and over....help please.

I am so frustrated...I have had numbness, tingling, vibrations and sensitivity (painful feet) in the lower half of my body several times in the last few months. I was treated with IVSM (5 days) in June and most of the symptoms subsided within a few weeks. Then, in mid August it all started again, developed the same way as before and Dr. Had me do another 3 days IVSM. Again the symptoms subsided only to start back up again the last couple of days.

I have never heard of the same symptoms improving dramatically with steroids only to return. When it starts again, it is the same pattern - increased vibrations and buzzing, then coldness in my feet, then a combo of numbness and pain that starts creeping up my legs. I should say that I am RRMS with 4 years of no relapses on Avonex. My neuro exams are always great no loss of strength or balance, just very mild sensory loss in my toes. My MRI in June showed one cervical spine lesion (not enhancing) and my repeat MRI in August showed no change. I have several questions...

Is it common to have a persistent flare?
    Is this permanent damage that the steroids are masking for a short time?
    Could this be something else other than ms that is causing this?

My frustration is so high at this point, I am probably grasping at straws. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Or am I all alone on this one... That's what it feels like right now.

Could it be B-12 deficiency?

I have the same painful feet - tingling, buzzing. But it happens when my B-12 levels are low and is not related to my MS. I get monthly B-12 shots (can tell I am due for one next week b/c the buzzing feet have returned).
    Dx - February 2011
    Copaxone and now Avonex
    Amantadine for fatigue

Comment

I had my B and D levels checked in August and they were in normal range.

Comment

B12 Levels

Mine showed in the "normal range" too, but anything less than 500 can give you Neurological symptoms (for me - the tingling annoying buzzing comes back if I reach 450 or less). If you don't know what your levels were, I would recommend going back to the Dr.

PS - You are not alone - we are here for you!
        Dx - February 2011
        Copaxone and now Avonex
        Amantadine for fatigue

Comment

I will call and check that out! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X