Can you get MS Hug in your leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get MS Hug in your leg?

Just curious. My knee was twitching and all of a sudden I have this really dull pain in one spot of my leg.

i've only had in around my ribs and just below across belly button, which caused me to lose contents of stomach

i've never heard of anyone having it on the leg. it usually causes breathing problems.
    but, hey, this is the MonSter we're talking about! anything's possible.
    praying that you feel better soon!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I have had what is believed to be the "hug" in my gallbladder area but never had this feeling in my leg. Was just curious if anyone had experienced it. It's in such a small spot I thought it was a blood clot but it's not but it is very painful!

Comment

JennyW,

The MS Hug refers to the sensation that is neuropathic origin (known as parasthesias) that occurs in the abdomen or ribcage. It is often a feeling of girdling or tightening around the ribcage. (It can sometimes also occur across the shoulder blades or in the neck). I'm so lucky, I get it all .

The unusual sensation in your leg could also be a parasthesia, but it is not the MS hug.

Here is an article you can read:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha....aspx?nid=1874

Wishing you well,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi Jennie:

The MS hug is a term specific to the painful squeezing sensation around the torso (like L'hermitte's phenomenon is a term specific to the electric-shock feeling down the spinal column and into to limbs).

There might be a painful squeezing sensation elsewhere in the body but, by definition, it isn't the hug (just like electric shocks elsewhere in the body aren't, by definition, L'hermitte's).

Comment

Working...
          X