Very weak legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very weak legs

Hi I have been diagnosed about 2 years ago and was put on disability right away.My symptoms started with numbness in my right foot and slowly spread up my leg then into my back. MRIs found multiple lesions on the brain and a few on the upper and lower spine the neurologist said I must have had it many years and didn't know it which I found hard to believe and still do.A few months later I got new symptoms like when I bend my head down I get a strong buzz like feeling from my neck to my heels and my neuro put me on more steroids .

Anyway a few days ago I got that numbness in my foot again and spread up my leg again now my legs feel like jello and are very tingly and when Im walking my knees feel like their going to buckle they are very weak.My question is could this be old symptoms or something new. I don't remember weak legs last time although I had many symptoms the worst being fatigue and burning sensations in my lower body.Monday I start my MRI routine for two days and will do them all one with and one without contrast no fun

Originally posted by charlie2891 View Post
    Hi I have been diagnosed about 2 years ago and was put on disability right away.My symptoms started with numbness in my right foot and slowly spread up my leg then into my back. MRIs found multiple lesions on the brain and a few on the upper and lower spine the neurologist said I must have had it many years and didn't know it which I found hard to believe and still do.A few months later I got new symptoms like when I bend my head down I get a strong buzz like feeling from my neck to my heels and my neuro put me on more steroids .

Anyway a few days ago I got that numbness in my foot again and spread up my leg again now my legs feel like jello and are very tingly and when Im walking my knees feel like their going to buckle they are very weak.My question is could this be old symptoms or something new. I don't remember weak legs last time although I had many symptoms the worst being fatigue and burning sensations in my lower body.Monday I start my MRI routine for two days and will do them all one with and one without contrast no fun
    This happens 2 me when I have a urinary tract infection. I dont get any of the classic sx's of a UTI,I get exactly what you r talking about. Or sometimes,you can have a very mild cold and it can happen. It's scary and exhausting but I can tell y probably everyone on this board has felt what you feel right now. Hope that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by juliebrush View Post
      This happens 2 me when I have a urinary tract infection. I dont get any of the classic sx's of a UTI,I get exactly what you r talking about. Or sometimes,you can have a very mild cold and it can happen. It's scary and exhausting but I can tell y probably everyone on this board has felt what you feel right now. Hope that helps?
      I wouldn't say "probably everyone on this board"...I haven't had the feelings charlie2891 describes, and I have plenty of other problems with my legs.

I do, however, have the impression that these symptoms are fairly common with MS.

Hopefully the OP's MRI series will reveal whether there's new activity going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
        I wouldn't say "probably everyone on this board"...I haven't had the feelings charlie2891 describes, and I have plenty of other problems with my legs.

I do, however, have the impression that these symptoms are fairly common with MS.

Hopefully the OP's MRI series will reveal whether there's new activity going on.
        Lol. oh,oh my,okay. Sorry. Just trying to help a fellow feel not so scared. This place is a trip.

Comment

for a while after i was diagnosed--in that terrible 2-3 year period i had "rubbery legs". needed to sit down to brush my teeth, take baths instead of showers and i wouldn't walk from my car to my front door w/o a cane. you know i still think that was ms but i also think i didn't eat or drink much because it was too much of an effort to get anything and i had been restricting fluids, because i hated incontinence...restricting fluids a little didn't cause an issue at first but it might have added up after 2 years to cause an issue..

i really suspect the "rubbery legs" were ms, but who knows?

but i do know that i didn't get out of it until i started eating and drinking more.

i have neck lesions. depending on where the neck lesions are, the legs can be rubbery or spactic. i had 2 additional neck lesions at next routine mri, so i think it was a relapse i never reported, but i know i did not get back to a new baseline until i started eating & drinking more. how are you doing with that?
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
          X