Hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair loss

So, I had two rounds of IVSM, one in July and another in September. Now, a month later, my hair is falling out. It is all over thinning and falling out. Hair on legs, eyebrows etc is the same. I will say that it was an unbelievably stressful situation for me and I had severe anxiety for an extended period of time. Anybody else lose hair after steroids? It is quite disturbing to me.

This question has come up before and there's always mixed answers. Personally, I've had the same thing happen. In fact I'm on prednisone right now and my hair is falling out like crazy.
    For me it seems to be less prominent when I do IVSM, but it still happens.

It does seem to stop after a couple weeks and my hair has actually started growing back curly, which is weird but nice.
    Be nice to your hair in the meantime...wash,condition, brush gently and if let your scalp breathe.
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

I've had series of IVSM literally dozens of times over 20 years and I always shed a lot of hair. After a couple of weeks the shedding stops and my hair always grows back. I don't mind trading some temporary hair loss for the benefit the steroids give me.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Glad that I'm not alone in this experience. However, thinning hair is like adding insult to injury. I feel crappy on the inside and now I'm going to look crappy on the outside too....fab let's just pile on the fun! At age 36, never thought i would be dealing with this crap.

Comment

Hair pn my head and face are fine and I have not much arm hair or on my legs . If it keeps up, I am happy, Have not lost hair on my head yet. It is really wierrd.

JudySz

Comment

Working...
          X