No announcement yet.

Foot Surgery Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo Hoo! I saw my orthopaedist yesterday and my foot is solidly healed. Yippee! We talked about scar tissue and exercises and I thanked him maybe 5 times for my miracle foot. I thought I would never walk pain free again. So it's a miracle to me. And the best Christmas present.

We talked about physical therapy and he gave me a script for it. I figure that since everything is fixed that I should get everything working again at top speed. I am not a therapist. I want someone to guide me through what should be done to make sure every part works well. I go for an evaluation on Tuesday and then will get started with that.

At three months, I still have some swelling but can easily wear my pre-surgery sneakers. WOW! My left foot is darker than my right one and that wil gradually go away. My ability to bend my toes is getting better. I need a 30 degree angle to be able to walk normally. My big toe is already at 45. Now to get those others working better. I can wear my summer flip flops some. They are really handy for a middle of the night potty break. I can walk barefooted on my wooden floors. I don't do it a lot but I can walk barefooted! That is terrific.

The shape of my foot is wonderful. Both feet look very much alike now.

His office will call me in two months. If everything is rocking on, I don't have to go back.

I can't believe at 3 months I am done. Needless to say, my first surgery took longer to heal and then, of course, didn't work anyway. I was still wearing my big wide shoes at 6 months and my toes were already not working at all following the first surgery.

And praise the Lord, I have no nerve pain. :-)

lydialou

Comment

Hooray!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you, lydialou and now your theme song will be "All I want for Christmas is my two good feet" LOL- Sounds like you got them!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I tried to get a bunion fixed

And I am not having any luck getting an insert to work either. My bone was too crumbly to get the wire inserted so my toe sticks up.
        I can use the part that supports the arch.
        I am quitting trying. I have to give the whole thing up. to get it fixed and THAT is really painful
        I am so happy you have been able to get things fixed
        Truly a blessing.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Hey! Hey!

I started physical therapy this week and have had an evaluation and one therapy session. The evaluation was interesting. The therapist was able to measure how well my foot can bend and turn and all those other little things that make movement easier. And he did measurements on my right foot so we could compare then. My right foot is so flexible that its measurements were off the charts. Thank you-seven years of yoga! My left foot-not so.

He also used this cool device to push the swelling in my foot into my lymphatic system so it is dispearsed from my foot. I noticed a difference right away. Therapist have cool tools.

In my second session, he did some exercises with me and then used this laser device to pinpoint the limping that I still do. I can tell that I limp (I have for years) but it was interesting to see it and look at the length of my gait and how my feet, legs and hips work. I spend more time on my right foot because that was my good one which makes for the limping. My husband had noticed that I can't walk in a straight line. The laser thingie showed that, too. I keep staggering to the left. The therapist did mention to me that if I had not had foot surgery, he might think I have foot drop. He knows I have MS but feels the problem is with the structure of my foot and the 5+ years of limping along with the first "didn't work at all" surgery which left the structural part of my foot un-corrected. Since now I have a structurally correct foot, hopefully the limping will be better or gone. It's hard to correct something you have done that long.

I am hopeful that this will help me a lot. I already know that the more I do on my foot, the better my foot works. Yea! And still no pain. Yea! Yea!

lydialou

Comment

Working...
          X