blood count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blood count

Results of my 3 mo. blood test: white cells 3.8 (normal is 4.4 to 10.4) and red was 13.4 (normal is 12 to 16). My doc said all his patients in Gilenya dropped. How is everyone else doing? I was a little concerned on that white count as far as possibility of infection.

yes

hello, my wife is on the same meds. her white count was 5. the Dr said it needs to be 19 or highr. I;m confused now. He doubled her vitamin D to 4000. Now she got the news that her mamogram came back with some issues. They want to do another exam ASAP. I am soooooo worried that I feel sick. I dont know what will happen if she has breast cancer also. She is 47 yrs old.

Comment

5 is a very acceptable range for white blood count numbers while on Gilenya. Also anything .2 (that's POINT 2) or above is an acceptable lymphocyte count while on Gilenya. It's very disappointing how uninformed neurologists are on the acceptable low values that should be expected while on Gilenya. Anyone on G should expect their WBC and lymphocytes to be below the normal range. This is how Gilenya works.

Comment

Thanks!

I was very concerned and I was about to contact my Dr. I got 2.17 WBC with 10% of them Lymphocytes so 0.217... Yes I am at the boarder line and I shall discuss it in the next screening after 2 months ..

Comment

DXB

A fellow MSer from Dubai. I will have my first blood test on G on the 1st of Dec if I can find a lab that is open... Let's cross the fingers as I feel awful, like drunk but without the fun.
          RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
          on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
          Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple25 View Post
            A fellow MSer from Dubai. I will have my first blood test on G on the 1st of Dec if I can find a lab that is open... Let's cross the fingers as I feel awful, like drunk but without the fun.

I was diagnosed in March 2014 (first symptoms Nov 2013) and Started G one month after diagnosis. I have been doing well since then , give G some time and hopefully you will feel better soon !

Comment

Gilenya suspended

Effective today, I am off gilenya for a month. My wbc was 1.46 last week. I had to repeat labs today and it is still the same. My liver enzymes are also elevated.

I'm so tired of the side effects from the meds! 😧

Comment

Working...
              X