Skin issues related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin issues related?

Wow, it's been a while since I visited. I guess that's a good thing .

I recently started back on my Rebif after having a baby and I'm noticing that the extremely dry skin I battled for the past few years is back. Though it's hard to remember, I think it has been at it's worst during the time I've been on Rebif. Obviously those wonderful pregnancy hormones did good and bad things for my skin in general but this is just different. Lots of flake patches on my face and just horribly dry skin all over. Could the Rebif be causing this?
    * Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.* Abraham Lincoln
    I heart Rebif, so far. 4/07

I had some problems with dry skin although it was the worst with copaxone. I don't know if the dryness was a direct result of the medicines or from having my immune system changed in general. My skin is dry with Tysabri too although at least my hair isn't falling out which it did with the others. It's a nuisance for sure but doable or was for me. Congratualations on your new baby.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

It is not unusual for MS to interfere skin health. I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis several years ago and while it cannot be cured there are shampoos/lotions/creams that can keep it under control.

You should see a dermatologist who will diagnose it and prescribe appropriately.

Comment

If your skin feels dry, use moisturizer to keep the dryness away.

Comment

Working...
        X