No announcement yet.

Mad, scared, & want to quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching Meds is not uncommon and not a big deal.
    Finding the correct one for you is what matters.

The uncertainty of MS meds is no fun, but think of yourself as exploring new territory. That helped me until I found the right med for myself.

Glad you are here. Glad you are fighting this disease.

Comment

Hang in there; the first 10 years are the hardest! Just kidding. But it is VERY hard at first, as you try to get a handle on what your life is going to be like. It's annoying to keep going to the doctor, try new medications, do the steroid infusions, and on and on. It takes so many months to get it right.

But with time, you'll find a med that keeps you pretty stable and you'll develop all the little coping things we all find. And you'll start to notice things that make you feel worse and things that make you feel better.

You really are at the hardest place now, so HUGS and hang on! You'll get through.
      Proud Mom of three kids!
      dx'd 1996

Comment

Originally posted by hparks View Post
        Ok, everyone, I was diagnosed in Aug / Sept 2010 with RRMS and was put on Rebif. After a trip to Mayo and KU Med Center, they said Rebif wasn't working. I've also found that I have a very aggressive form that has little noticeable differences between the R and R. They've recommended one of three drugs: Tysabri, Copazone, or Gil????.

Right now I'm sitting in KU Med Center getting my first steroid treatment. With everything going on; new drug to choose, getting the great news of it being aggressive, and being depressed, I just feel like giving up. I've lost so much in the past 10 months, I swear I'm losing my mind.

Sorry to rant, everyone; but this is the first time I've been really down since my DX.

Go ahead and rant. That is what we are here for. We get so angry, depressed, cry a lot. Things seem so hopeless. I hate having MS and then I also have chronic back pain so I hurt too much of the time. I have been doing the Tysabri monthly infusions for over two years. It has helped me a lot and it's not too bad sitting in a room full of other MS patients. We all talk about treatments, plans, dreams, you name it. Now, there is another problem that we face. Isolation. And sometimes that really hurts to be lonely. Please don't ever feel that way. We are here for each other. So, please stay in touch and you can rant to us anytime.

Comment

Working...
        X