No announcement yet.

Lawyer or use Allsup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My recommendation is no matter who you decide to represent you, get a representative. My father has PPMS and was denied multiple times when he applied on his own. He contacted an attorney and was approved in 2 weeks. And that attorney got 25% of his backpay to the time he applied. (The limit now is 25% up to $6,000). So my dad did all the work and the attorney got the money anyway.

I have PPMS now too and hired Allsup from the get go. My cognitive issues just would have made it too hard for me to go through the process by myself and if I get approved the first time, the backpay will be small and worth it. In my state ( Michigan) only 33% of first time applications are approved. With Allsup it rises to 56%. I have been happy with them, they have done everything and when I didn't want to have the bank draft done it was no problem.

Hope this helps.
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

It depends all on your ability to decipher the fine print, your doctors and the severity of your medical condition. I applied May 2011 myself and handled all the paperwork. I just got approved by the state disability doctor and should begin to receive benefits by April 2012. I don't think it gets any quicker than that. Good luck. If you can get away with not letting someone take a cut of your SSD, that would be the way to go.

Comment

I *heart* Allsup

I went through Allsup, and couldn't be more pleased. They were professional and thorough, and kept me posted on the status of my application. I had applied on my own 2 years before and was denied. The thought of filling out those forms again made me want to cry. It was easy with Allsup, they did all the legwork and form filling-out for me.

Best Wishes.
        ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Working...
        X