Shoulder blade pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder blade pain

For the past week, I've been having pretty severe pain (about an 8 on a 1 to 10 scale and enough to take my breath away) in my right shoulder blade. It hurts mainly if I try to move my arm. It got so bad yesterday that I made an emergency appointment with the NP at my doctor's office. She did an x-ray, but didn't see anything that could be causing the pain, so she said it was muscle spasms and gave me a pain patch to put on the area (which is really hard to do because I live alone, and I lack the flexibility to be able to reach that part of my back!) She also gave me a prescription for Mobic (which I haven't picked up yet.) I'm also taking baclofen, but it hasn't helped much.

Has anyone ever heard of having muscle spasms in your shoulder blades? You'd think I would have recognized it as a spasm, since I have so many of them. Could this be part of the "hug"? I am also having pain in my lower ribs on the left side, which I have had off and on for the past year or so.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Again one of my WORST pain was midback. Every appt with my chiropractor I would write MID BACK PAIN which sometimes would wrap around my whole rib cage. Now sometimes its only on one side..but all of it I am convinced is MS related.

BUT I have noticed it has FINALLY gone since being on Rx Diclofenac for my lumbar spinal stenosis. I cannot function without this med. I had one vertebrae that has slipped over another pinching the spinal chord giving me sciatic pain in BOTH legs and if it slips anymore I will lose control over bowel and bladder.

So..since being on Diclofenac (give to me by ORthopedic doc) has saved my leg pain AND my MS huggy pain. I asked the Ortho about his knowledge of MS HUG..and he said..its not a clinical name but its recognized and treated.
    Thats all I wanted..something to help with this kind of pain/spasms=still my worst symptom.

Before Diclofenac, I was using Methocarbamol and 3 ibroprofin 200 mg OTC along with wrapping my rib cage with a lumbar velcro wrap..THAT wrap held my spasming rib cage/mid back in place so I could work, move and BREATHE!!!

Hope that helps..

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

P.S. what has your experience been with prednisone?
      I have had it when I had flairs and it really helped to settle things down..just wondering..Would your doc offer that? Oral or IV?

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
      X