Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeing things in peripheral vision that aren't there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeing things in peripheral vision that aren't there?

Lately I've been seeing things like faces/flashes in my peripheral vision.. most of the time it is only in a certain part of my house, a lot of times it seems like its flashes of people, or faces.. I wasn't sure if this could be from the ms, or if my bp dropping too low could be the cause. Anyone else ever experience this? It comes and goes

Yesss I had these occurances last year after a bad MS flair and hospitalization. I also were having signs of seizures at this time too. I would be at my laptop and in my peripherial vision I would see flashes of things, there or not. I know it would always have me jumping as these sights were so sudden.

There was a love seat in front of my picture window and traffic would be going by and I would jump cuz I was picking up a vision of the truck suddenly sitting on top of this love seat!! WEIRD!!!

I do not have this any more..but it lasted a few weeks to month or more last year. Told my seizure doc..who never heard of that..no one did..LOL.

Good luck. If it continues I would report it.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I don't see faces, but I do see various shapes and "ghost cats" in my peripheral vision all the time. I just figure either my house is haunted or my vision is bonkers.

It could be MS related, but you need to get this checked out though, just to be sure something else isn't going on like a detached retina or other problems like that.

Hugs,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I don't necessarily have faces in my periphreal vision but...I do see things out of the corner of my eye it's more like shadows. Scares the crap out of me. It makes me jump. I've heard some individuals on MS World describe it as well..one inparticular calls it a black cat. Any way you look at it it's very uncanny and freaky. I don't know what it is or why it happens. I know I didn't have it before MS reared it's ugly head so I am almost positive that it's related to it. I've never had optic neuritis either so I'm not for sure what it means. Hopefully someone here will have answers.
        Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
        Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

I have been seeing flashes and shadows in my peripheral also. It seems like they are getting closer. I used to see it in another room. Now its in the same room I'm in. I never thought to report it to my neuro but I think it will be a good idea to do that when I go back.
          "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
          Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

I have a cat, and I am constantly "seeing" him walk past me out of the corner of my eye, but when I look, he isn't there! LOL He's named Mandrake after the majician in the comic strips amd I think it's either my ms or magic tricks!
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Also, I sometimes "see" things when I have my eyes closed. One night, in a dark room with my eyes shut, it looked like I was looking through a pair of glasses. I could "see" the frames of the glasses around my eyes. It was weird. Another time, I suddenly "saw" a cross, again at a time I was in a dark room with my eyes closed.

I also "see" a lot of lights, sometimes a bright glowing white or blue area in my left eye when I'm in the dark with my eyes closed. And if I'm in the dark and I hear a sudden or loud noise, I "see" a flash of lightening across my left eye, always in the same location.

I've given up on trying to figure any of this stuff out.
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I call them my visual disturbances - i was never that creative. But those disturbances can be! Flashes of light off in the sides of my vision - I just sit back and enjoy the show.
                Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
                ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

i frequently get momentary flashes of movement in my left eye, as if someone or something has just quickly moved passed me. But when it comes to my right eye i have quite the opposite problem- i seem to have decreased peripheral vision- eye have to becareful to scan to the right if i want to avoid collisions! I have never had optic neuritis but have had vision problems that have been put down to the muscle control of muscles that help to focus- at times my vision is really not great and even making our facial features of others is tough- usually when i am tired

Comment

Working...
                  X