Cataract surgery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, once again, Redwings.

I did wear gas permeable contacts until about a month and a half ago. (I've worn contacts since the 70's.) But they had
    recently become uncomfortable. I have tried soft contact lens and just could not ever get a correction that was good. My doc says that people with my degree of myopia have trouble being adequately corrected by soft lens. But we gave it a try. . . and it did not work.

I will ask about the PAM testing. . . but the more we talk, the less willing I am to go the route of cataract surgery at this point. I am seeing my other physician tomorrow to discuss what I am facing re: cataract surgery. (He is a homeopathic doc and I have great confidence in his opinions.) My brother is also a physician so I will pick his brain on this topic as well.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such thorough answers to my questions. I do appreciate you.

Comment

Wow, I just learned so much from this older post! I just scheduled surgery on August 25 for a posterior subcapsular cataract in my right eye and was wondering, because that's the eye I've had mild ON in, what might happen. The neuro-ophthalmologist can't guarantee perfect vision once the cataract is out because of the ON. But I'm hoping some of the blurred vision will go away. (I also have exophoria, which may be causing some double vision, but most of my double vision right now is monocular, and caused by the cataract.)

I've also had congenital cataracts in both eyes since I was in my 20s or earlier (from what I've been told.) But they are just specks and don't interfere with my vision. This other cataract is interfering with my vision. I feel like I'm looking through a dirty window. Corrected, my vision in that eye is 20/60 and getting worse. Is that from the cataract or from the ON? I don't know. But I'm hoping for the best and that it's from the cataract and that the surgery will restore more of my vision. I need my eyes!
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
      X