Fibromyalgia or Spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibromyalgia or Spasticity

During my quest for answers, I saw several doctors over the past five or six years. I have had pain all over my body since the year 2000. It hurts if you touch me anywhere.

I do not suffer from fatigue. Only fatigued it I have not slept and I do have insomnia. I cannot sleep unless medicated.

Anyhoo.... At one point I went to a Rhuematologist and he said I had Fibromyalgia and gave me Flexeril.

The doctor never touched me. Never looked for a trigger point.

Jump to 2008 when my spacticity became really bad. I did not know what spasticity was then but I was always stiff and sore. I found out I had a neurological problem and now I wonder if my soreness to the touch has just been spasticity this whole time and wonder if I should bother going to see another Rheumatologist. My treatment would essentially be the same and I do not suffer from debilitating fatigue or burning sensations. I just have muscle pain everywhere. I hurt to be touched.

All those years and no one could understand is so sad. Even my best friend who is a nurse does not believe in Fibromyalgia and I think just one day in a suffering person's shoes would change a lot of minds.
    Think of something you would die for, and live for it.

My 21 year old son has fibromyalgia and spasticity along with several neurological symptoms, in fact they just checked him for MS but he didn't have any lesions.

He goes to a neurologist who understands fibromyalgia and the new research they are doing on it.

If you go to the Fibromyalgia Network website, they have a list of recommended doctors in different states and cities in the US who are supposed to work well with fibromyalgia patients.

Comment

Working...
    X