My work-at-home-job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My work-at-home-job

I know a lot of us struggle with jobs and the inability or difficulty to work outside the home. I've been working from home for 5 years now and I wanted to share the name of the company I work for. They are ALWAYS hiring and were specifically set-up for people with disabilities. I know that sounds too-good-to-be-true. It's not.

www.arise.com

Arise contracts with Fortune 500 companies to get customer service agents who work from home. The agents benefit b/c they can work from home and the companies benefit b/c they don't have to pay so much overhead. (rent, paying for agents when no calls are coming in, etc.) I work PT but some people work FT. You do need to be able to read a computer screen and be able to type. I say that b/c I know that those skills are hard for some of us.

And since some people will wonder, I don't gain anything from you checking out the Arise website. I just want to help some people out if I can. So, give it a look and if you have any questions, I'll check this post tomorrow and answer them.
    Beki: "God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way."

Thank you for sharing
    ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
    dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

I did a google search regarding this company.
      Seems one has to put up abit of $$ to get involved and actually become a 'corporation' since the company does
      not actually 'hire you as an employee'...etc.

Here's one review [http://www.imreportcard.com/other/arise]

Though I'm glad it works out for you scrkpr...
      ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
      dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

There is a start-up cost. It varies based on what equipment you already have. If you already have a computer, then it is less. The computer I use is 6 years old, so nothing fancy is needed. But you do need to take an online class and set up a corporation. The good news is you can incorporate in ANY state, not just your state. Fl only cost $75 to incorporate. Startup costs range from $200 to $500. I made my $400 back within a month of working.

Thanks for sharing that link. There are a bunch of reviews from actual Arise employees and all but one is a Happy Customer. I'm happy too Arise isn't for everyone, but I do think some folks here could benefit.
        Beki: "God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way."

Comment

I actually quit my job to be home with my girls again. My last day was actually 2 days before my diagnosing episode hit. I was dx'd on Feb. 24th. Since we now have a huge bill with the hospital for all the tests run and the steroid infusions.

We had open enrollment with my husbands employer for insurance and took it. But it's quite expensive. I would really like to learn more about this.

We need 2 incomes but until I get ahold of this MS thing and start my Copaxone and the whole wait and see game to learn to live with it, I think that this would be the answer for us.

Maybe you could email me some more info??
          *** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed per MSWorld guideline #3. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see
          Thank you!!
          Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
          Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Do they offer you health insurance ?

Comment

Hey Golfwidow, I don't know if they offer insurance or not. But I have found several other companies that offer work from home employment as an employee of the company. Just check into their requirements before you apply to see if you have what they are looking for as far as internet capabilities and phone and such. I don't qualify as we are in the country and cannot have DSL internet.

Here's the list of employers to check into...it's all pretty much call center type of work...customer service...that kinda thing.

Alpine Access
              Convergys
              Liveops.com
              Arise.com
              Westathome.com
              Working Solutions

I haven't checked on all of them but I did check on a few.
              I am familiar with West telecommunications they actually have a call center near where I grew up. It seems that these are basic employers where you fill out an application and have an interview process and training. I'm not sure how they do it but it doesn't hurt to check into it. When we move to town I will definately be applying! Good luck and Best Wishes!!
              Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
              Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Another work from home

Another work from home deal is transcription.. Career step give you the schooling online and then they help you find a job or recommend you.. look in to it.. i have lot of friends that are doing it and makin decent money and some companies offer insurance and have flexible work hours.

Comment

scrkpr ,

Aside from a start up cost. Looking at a single parent who is currently making decent money. Could this job pay the bills.
                  I did work at home years ago and I would get 20 here and 20 there. Nothing that is going to pay the rent.

I would love to hear you elaborate more on this company and how it has helped out you and your family.

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by scrkpr View Post
                    I know a lot of us struggle with jobs and the inability or difficulty to work outside the home. I've been working from home for 5 years now and I wanted to share the name of the company I work for. They are ALWAYS hiring and were specifically set-up for people with disabilities. I know that sounds too-good-to-be-true. It's not.

www.arise.com

Arise contracts with Fortune 500 companies to get customer service agents who work from home. The agents benefit b/c they can work from home and the companies benefit b/c they don't have to pay so much overhead. (rent, paying for agents when no calls are coming in, etc.) I work PT but some people work FT. You do need to be able to read a computer screen and be able to type. I say that b/c I know that those skills are hard for some of us.

And since some people will wonder, I don't gain anything from you checking out the Arise website. I just want to help some people out if I can. So, give it a look and if you have any questions, I'll check this post tomorrow and answer them.
                    UMMMM. hi! help!!!!! is this for real??? must we talk in a thread? may i give u my phone number or email address to discuss this????

Comment

juliebrush

juliebrush:
                      may i give u my phone number or email address to discuss this????
                      Email addresses must be manually added to user profiles for them to be visible.

Here's how to do it:

Click on UserCP (top of page, 1st item on the left in the dark blue Navbar under the MSWorld logo)

Choose Edit Your Details

Scroll down to Additional Information. Type your email address in the URL field

Scroll to page bottom and click Save Changes

Your profile is only visible to registered logged-in members. Adding your email to your profile is done purely by choice. You can remove it at any time.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
                      KoKo
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                      X