astaxanthin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

astaxanthin?

I've been seeing alot on this supplement lately. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it would be good to take? Any info would be appreciated!

Jen

maybe

I also have heard about astaxanthin recently. I went to a naturopath doc last week, got a bunch of stuff from him including this (xanthomega krill oil) & feel better than I did, I follow up with him in 6 weeks, hope for continued improvement, may not know which supplement is working but if I continue to feel better I'll take his word on supplement dosage amounts. I figure it can't hurt & seems to be helping.

Comment

Hi needinfo4,

Thanks for the reply. I've been wondering if it's one I should be taking. I wish there was a good naturopath doctor where I live. I'd seen this on a few different shows-including 'Dr Oz'. Would you mind updating me on how you do on this? I realize you started other supplements too, but it would be nice to know how your doing on them. What other supplements did you start taking?

Jen

Comment

still improving

I do not check back daily, sorry to keep you waiting. I'm taking a bunch of different things, Vitamin E, Calcium Magnesium & Vitamin D3, omega 3-6-9 (fish oil +) all before I had an appointment with him. He reviewed what I was doing on my own & added oregano oil & d-Mannose, 2 supplements that have a WHOLE bunch of different things in them- neurochondria(designs for health) & mitochondrial nrg (by thorne). I'm also doing acupuncture once a week. I'm determined to continue improving & came into a bit of $ this year, spending it on my health, no better reason to. Not a fan of modern medicine & ms, IVSM is ok for flare ups but the shots they want you to inject yourself with feel like poison. Will check back when I can, hope you are well.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the info. I take several supplements, but always wonder if I should be taking something else or different than I'm taking. I agree there's no better way to spend money than on improving your health-especially your MS! I am on Copaxone, but after a year on it I've had to change to 3 times a week due to huge injection site reactions. I'm trying to stick it out for now since I've had no relapses or new lesions. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it though!

Jen

Comment

injections

I got tired of injecting myself end of 2008 (Avonex), have had flare ups I treat with IVSM, just cannot shoot myself up with something that feels like poison, feel bad after every injection. Last time I spoke to a neurologist about shots they wanted me to try rebif, with steroid pills to counteract the effects of the shot, it was TOO much. It has been a year since my last flare, I'm educating myself about alternative treatments, so far so good, I wish the same to you.

Comment

Hi! Wondering how your doing. Have you noticed more benefits from the supplements your taking? I'm still trying to figure out what else I should take! Still hanging in there with the 3 times a week copaxone injections. I see my Neuro on the 28th-will have another MRI. She wants it at 6 months this time, because of the change in injections. I'm actually 2 months late due to the wonderful North Dakota weather! I wish I were brave enough to stop the copaxone! But the way things are going with my injection site reactions the decision may soon be out of my hands!

Jen

Comment

Working...
              X