Trigeminal neuralgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigeminal neuralgia

I've never done a message board so hope i am doing it right and am in the right place.

Does anyone here suffer from Trigeminal neuralgia...having a hard time right now...taking gabapentin, tegretol, baclofen, vicodin...not all at the same time! any tips of assistance?

bless you!

Mushroomkla1

Hi Mushroom...welcome to MS World!

I moved your thread to General Questions and Answers because it isn't just about medications, and because you'll probably get more answers there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts,

Sequoia

Comment

trigeminal neuralgia

I had a case of it a year ago. I found heat helped me get through the times when it was really zinging. I had zings on the side of my face and ear every 20-30 seconds for hours, then it would calm down some. My dr. gave me some meds that made me really weak and nonfunctional so I had to stop them. 6 weeks later, when I got my regularly scheduled Solumedrol, it stopped. I hope it never returns. I hope you find relief soon.

Comment

Hello

Hi,
        I take exactly the same medication that you take, but no gabapentin(im Allergic). Some days it is worse than others. Everyday it is a constant dull throbbing pain 24/7 in your head...like a small headache. I wish I could give you more, but I was told that I am maxed out on what is availabe to take. This disease is nicknamed "the suicide headache" because it drives alot of people to commiting sucide from the pain.
        Eventually you get use to it and just accept it as a part of your day. They say it can go away, but I have had it for almost a year now, so not sure if that is true? When it is real bad, I take an extra vicodine and go to bed. Dark room, warm cloth and sometimes a benadryl will help too. Good luck. Keep your chin up. You are stronger than you think Merry Christmas
        The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

I used to take 3600 mg Neurontin for this problem, and it worked quite well for me. Fortunately, I have only had a few of these attacks in recent years.

Comment

Hi Mushroom,

Sorry you are dealing with this right now.

On a few occasions my neuro put me in the hospital on i.v. steroids and dilauded (pain meds) to get me thru the rough spots.

Most people tell you to try heat, for me, Ice works the best! Numbs the pain a bit but mostly takes the inflammation down.

Best of luck.
            Faith, Hope & Love
            Gina
            MS 1988 SPMS 2005

Comment

Working...
            X