Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any freight brokers or past freight brokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any freight brokers or past freight brokers?

Okay, so if you are in transportation or have been, the term freight broker can be thought of in a negative light. There are however, actually good honest brokers out there that can be helpful to truckers.

Anyway, to my point. I was DX'd in August of this year. My original SX was ON, Vertigo, and since I've had left side numbness that lasted a few months. Being a broker in an office, these are fairly manageable. However, in the past three months, the fatigue and cog fog are affecting my ability to keep things straight. The job is very fast paced and you need to be extremely organized.

Is there anyone out there that has been in this profession or is currently, and if so, how do you deal?

Freight broker no, air freight mgr for a customs broker yes, there is no way I would have been able to keep up with that job, 150-250 emails a day, would have 2-3 voice mails by the time I got done with a phone call, tracking shipments from home at night and weekends and the constant pressure from the customers. 10-12 hour days. I had to leave there about 2 1/2 yrs before I was dx as I was having fatigue problems, just wrote it off to old age. I went to a slower paced job handling machine imports for a german mfr and arranging trucking for shipments of machines around the us.
    the only reason I was able to stay there was because of the economy business slowed down and was less stressfull until they started laying people off, we went from 7 people in our office to me full time and 1 part time.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
    X