Ticket to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticket to Work

I'm looking for anyone who has an opinion on the Ticket to Work program offered through Social Security. Do you find that it's beneficial...etc.

I signed up

Looked for work, tried to get to stage 3 and they suddenly dropped me. I was hoping for Vocational rehab, but guess I was not suited in such a difficult market. I did not have much luck I'm afraid, even though companies get tax breaks for hiring disabled.

Comment

I am signed up for it but I have had 2 problems with it as far as the jobs they have discussed with me,
      #1 they want me to work about 45 miles from my house for 10 an hour 5 days a week,4 hours a day, I have explained to them that I don't think I can or want to work than much and that I would make more than I am allowed which means it will be taken out of my check so I will be working for free for a few hours, and spend about 40-50 on gas a week so it would be alot of my time for less than min wage in the end.
      #2 the jobs they have spoken to me about so far are more or less menial jobs that I am sure I would get bored very quickly with or telephone sales job which I do not want to do.
      I am looking on my own now also but with th job market the way it is don't know how much success I will have.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

i have a ticket to work but even my caseworker at OVR thinks it's a joke... he explained the premise of it to me but told me that it really doesn't work well.

i'm currently on medical disability from my job until december at which time i will be forced to retire and will get a pension. i started receiving SSD in June.. but because my neuro says i can work a part time sedentary job, unemployment deemed me eligible also. OVR is paying for me to start entry level computer classes next month (2 days a week/ half days) with the knowledge that i will be seeking part time employment that won't affect my SSD

Comment

Working...
        X