copaxone 3 days/week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copaxone 3 days/week?

Hi there! Has anyone heard that taking Copaxone 3 times per week is just as effective as injecting daily? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Yes New England Journal of Medicine has a study coming out that Copaxone is just as effective once every 2 days as everyday. My doctor just told me to switch.

Comment

My doctor told me to switch to 3 days a week but as soon as I switched I had a flare coming my way. Needless to say I kept to my old routine.
      I also read about a trial where the shot was half the size and it caused less reactions and allergies. Try looking it up on google. As I understood they were contemplating manufacturing it in a smaller size but same dosage in the future.
      RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
      on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
      Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

I have been doing mine every other day for about a year now... I am happy not to have the bumps and bruises on my arms and legs.
        Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Every other day also for a year with no huge issues,just a few small ones.
          There are a couple of studies that say that every other day is only slightly less effective.
          You only live NOW.
          SX 1999 /DX 2003
          norml.org

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for the feedback! About 2 months ago my neurologist mentioned that the FDA may soon approve using Copaxone 3 x/week, so I switched from daily to every other day at that time due to horrible site reactions (my little secret, shhhhhh don't tell my neurologist ) but have always wondered what others are doing.

maple25, I'm really sorry to hear about your flare. I hope it's all under control now and that you're feeling better!

Comment

That would be really great news if true and also would make me feel better because I've been doing it any way.

My legs are off limits now because I have psoriasis. Every time I inject in my legs, I can count on a new lesion. My psoriasis is pretty resistant to treatment, so once I get a new lesion it stays for good - so that eliminates two injection sites.

My favorite is my stomach, but since it takes a while for lumps to go away, I can't inject there every night.

My arms are real sensitive to the injections as well...

and blah blah blah

The joys of daily injecting have caught up with me.
              Dx 06/07
              Copaxone

Comment

I have been doing every other night for about a year. My Dr. says that I should be doing it every night as prescribed and that its doing good for me and if i used it everyday like I'm supposed to then I would prob do even better. I don't know and I don't think anyone does for sure. I'm still doing every other.

Comment

I have been doing every other night for about a year. My Dr. says that I should be doing it every night as prescribed and that its doing good for me and if i used it everyday like I'm supposed to then I would prob do even better. I don't know and I don't think anyone does for sure. I'm still doing every other.

Comment

Working...
                  X