outted at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outted at work!

this happened awhile back.. 1 of the doc's i work with came up to me in the hall(infront of everyone) and was asking how long i knew and yada, yada,yada..i played stupid for about 5 mins.i reluctantly told him(i was not telling the hospital i work at, because the get rid of people for any reason).. then he tells me someone told him and that he knew..he would not tell me who told him.. well now everyone at work knows, right.. so i go to my manager and tell her that i need to tell her something before she hears it from someone else.. she gets on the horn with the .d.o.n and the hr..she calls me into the office the next day telling me that hr wants a letter from my ms doctor that states i can do my job.. ha what doc is going to say that a person with ms is going to be ok..we all know how unpredictable ms is.i called and he said that if he put that in a letter that he would be liable for anything that would or could happen.(so it was going to be a letter that stated i was ok as of today to do my job kinda deal) well, i came home and told my wife all of this(she is a nurse at the same hospital) and she went through the roof.she called my boss and told her who my hippa right had been violated and all of that,fit to be tied..
    well she wanted everything in writing from who said what to who wanted what..well we went out to dinner thinking about what i was going to do after i lost my job.. we were out till like 8pm. when we got home there was a message on the phone from hr. he wanted to talk to my wild fire wife..lol.. he waited till she called him.like 5 hrs. the the back peddaling proceeded. he dropped dime on the d.o.n. saying that she wanted all of the letter and blah blah.. his new story was that he wanted to know if the hospital was doing everything they could under the workers with disability's act. how funny the tune changes after you dig a huge hole. i think that anyone that has to go through this crap needs a medal of honor.. its sad to say it even happens..

but our hospital is so crazy about hippa..what about my hippa rights?

Your rights were violated by whoever first disclosed that information and I would pursue that matter.

FWIW it isn't unusual for employers to require a note from your physician stating you are presently fit for your required duties.

Mine wrote one without a problem. They aren't speculating on your future abilities just your present condition. It shouldn't be a problem getting one. Hang in there.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X