Sweating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweating?

Is sweating a sx? I know that it's summer but i am drenched just sitting! I was never like this before any one else have this?
    Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Sorry, zuzu, but I have the opposite problem!! I can't sweat and have no natural way for my body to cool off! It's horrible as I feel like I'm going to internally combust!

BTW, never heard of sweating a sx of MS, but many of us are affected by the climate - either hot or cold!! Make sure you drink lots of liquids to replenish the liquids you're losing. Take care~~
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

sweating

Are you taking any DMV drugs such as copaxone?.
      When I started on copaxone,I would have a lot of
      hot flashes.

If not I don't know what would cause this unless you
      are going into menopause.Goodluck

Comment

Lol i am running a fever with bladder infection went to clinic i just felt really off! 99 with fever. Not what one needs in the summer! I am on no meds well now for infection. I feel so ugh right now i just want to sit in a cold pool if only i had one!
        Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

There are bath tubs lol

I'm so sorry you have an infection, no fun. It's bad enough having a weakened immune system, then you gotta take things that weaken it more. Make sure you are getting a multi vitamin of some sorts. Drink a bunch of cranberry juice.

Feel better soon I hope

Comment

me too!

I am not yet diagnosed! I am 26 and started having symptoms about 3 1/2 yrs ago! I never really had a problem with the heat of summer nothing out of the ordinary, I wouldn't even use my a/c when my hubby wasn't home! This year though, I'm dying from the heat! My air is set at 66 degrees and I'm still full of sweat! Especially if I try to do anything around the house! Then about a week ago I started going from one extreme to the other now I'm getting the chills and then back to sweating my butt off! My period is late, and I did take a prego test it was negative! Now I'm starting to think early menopause which I'm hearing isn't as rare as you would think! But who knows it's probably something else that I won't ever get an answer to! I shouldn't say that or atleast not like that I just get so frustrated with the hairbrained docs in my area and hearing the words "I don't know"!

Best of luck to you! Let me know if you find out what's causing it! And I the same! Hope your UTI clears soon!

Comment

I was thinking hot flash too i have always felt better with the heat! But hot tubs and sanas make me really weak and like a wet towel. As for the tub not likey i can't get out of one lol i wish. I think it half hot flash and bladder Iam sitting with two fans and a cool pack!!!

Comment

Hi zuzu,

I have suffered with this since my MS sx started.

Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) is not a common symptom in MS but, depending on lesion location and severity, the thermoregulatory system can be affected, and manifest many heat related sx.

In rare cases there are lesions on the hypothalamus which can cause severe thermoregulatory dysfunction.

I personally can't wait for winter...bring on the snow!
                skeezix
                dx. rrms Nov/09. Not using DMD's.
                Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Comment

Me also.

I thought it was ether Ampyra, my new diet or maybe just extremely hot humid summer.

I just figure that sweating is much better then having an pseudo exacerbation, so just flow with the flowing sweat.
                  Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Profuse sweating

I am glad to see this topic brought up as I have a major problem with body temp regulation. I am often either profusely sweating or chilling. I can be lying on the couch reading - then suddenly I am sweating and overheated. Then - minutes later - I am chilled, my skin covered in goosebumbs and looking for a jacket. It drives me crazy. I am constantly fiddling with the house thermostat - but I think it is my internal thermostat that is the problem.

I have mentioned this to my physicans but they never address it. ( Probably because there isn't they can do about it).

My thyroid levels were checked last year and were within range.

I am post menopausal - but these feel a bit different from the typical hot flashes I experience.

I too have wondered if excessive sweating or faulty body temp regulation is an MS symptom.

Mamie

Comment

I just Googled “Sweating Diet” and there is some stuff that may help.

Under things to Avoid they have garlic, onions, caffeine, spicy foods, and a huge no no Alcohol.

Garlic power and onion power are hug anti-inflammatory and I personally will not stop using them in fact I recommend using them as much as possible.

Caffeine is also bad for MS so this is just anther good reason not to have it in your diet.
                      I stopped drinking sodas back around May and wow I’m so glade I did, I still rarely have one but they no longer taste as good as to me as they once did.

Things to consume; water, sage tea, fruits, Olive oil, whole grains and calcium.

Olive and canola oils are big anti-inflammatories, lower cholesterol, and are taste, so if helps sweating that is just icing on the cake.

There are so many good reasons to have fruits and whole grains a major part of your diet, everybody should all be eating them anyway.

Well that my 2 cents, hope it helps
                      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I think it is a sx for me. I am always hot and I always used regular deodorant, now I have to use antiperspirant..I also sweat a lot on my head and forehead....Drives me crazy also. I can only wear my pjs one night instead of the 2 I used to. They are just drenched when I wake up.
                        JudySz

Comment

hot

well, I feel as if being cooked from the inside out. I am not going thru the change....I think its sx of my avonex. My head will sweat bad and i can't do my hair. I hate heat and am dying for snow. i carry an ice pack w/ me. there's a link for cooling vests that i got off this site - - http://www.msaa.com/programs/cooling/

Comment

Don't sweat!!

I don't sweat and I think it's more of a problem than a blessing.

I do take Copaxone and I've noticed I wake up in the morning feeling so hot; also have hot flashes now and then.

Fun, fun, fun! Diane
                            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Me too

I have a dx of probable MS, but this summer I have been sweating like crazy. I am not sure, but it may be the Wellbutrin. I think it said in the literature that it increased sweating. The doc did say it might make my sweat smell bad and it did. I have struggled with terrible odor along with copious amount of sweat.

I ride my bicycle usually over an hour a day and I sweat so much doing that I have to wear an additional sweatband under my helmet or it gets in my eyes. The sweat runs across my scalp and tickles so badly, I think I have bugs in my hair. It also runs down my back and into my shorts. Very annoying. I am usually soaked through my bra and shirt by the time we are done. All this can happen on a ride when the ambient temps are in the high 50s and low 60s F.!

I am sweating right now with my laptop in my lap while my feet are freezing. I am on synthroid as my thyroid does have problems, but tested out ok this spring.

So, not sure if it is meds or not, but I sure do sweat a lot and have to drink a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                              X