Work & MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work & MS

I was wanting opinions on how to handle this situation. I have been working for the same office for 15ys. I was inline for an assistants position when ours retired. Well, she retired and they cut the position. Downsizing they say.....Well now the bigger boss is getting ready to retire and they hired someone and basically stepped over me. I know it's discrimination but what am I to do. I need the insurance and I make decent money. I am now bitter and don't think I can stand working under this person because I know more than she does. I am thinking of asking my highest boss which he is a political position if he would move me to a new department. Would ya'll say it's because of health issues or how would you handle it? I don't want to make them think I am physically unfit for my job because that would be justifying how they handled all this. Any help would be appreciated.

Angelbyfar

Probably not what you want to hear but it is a good possibility it is due to your MS. Same thing happened to me several years ago ... I was very bitter for several years. But needed the job / health insurance / comfort of doing what I know. I would not reference your MS, perhaps explain that you would like to expand yourself professionally and try another department.

You are not alone ... see posting about down playing resume. I still grieve the loss of my career.

Good luck ...

Kathy
    Kathy

Comment

Thanks Kathy for your response. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there being treated the same. I just didn't want to start something at work but the bitterness in my heart is not good for me. I am not a bitter person but this is eating me away.
      Thanks Again

Comment

File A Complaint

Where I work, the US government they take discrimination very seriously. If I feel I am be discriminated against, I file a complain and it is looked into by an independent section. I only recommend this route if you are SURE you are being discriminated against.

Best of luck,

Comment

YEH, I WOULDNT MENTION THE MS......I WOULD ASK FOR A TRANSFER CUZ U ARE BORED AND NEED NEW CHALLENGES...IF U R MAKING DECENT PAY, THOUGH, I WOULDNT WANT 2 ROCK THE BOAT. I KNOW THAT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.

Comment

I have worked for Porsche Audi Bentley in the parts dept for 4 years and about a 3 years ago they found out i had ms and were very concerned and very helpful. We had to walk about a half a mile to park and i did it for the first 6 months and then it was to much so i started parking in the handicap next door in the starbucks and one of the managers saw my car and asked why i was parked there. I told him the story and he asked me to park in our lot. Then everyone was asking me what was wrong and i told them i had ms and was not looking for any special treatment and everyone has been really good to me. I couldnt ask for a beter place to work.
            Billy Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X