No announcement yet.

Neurontin for numbness, does it help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reviving this post. Everyone has given some good information. I have now been on neurontin for over a month and it definitly helps. I am usually good about taking my meds but recently I missed takeing them for 2 days and my legs went crazy.

I was having spasms, jolts of pain, weakness, and a few other issues. I will not forget to take it as scheduled again.
    "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

earnellzwifey,
      How much neurotin are you taking? I am starting tonight and quite nervous, for some reason. I am rather sensitive to meds so I am going conservative at 100mg. (A child's dose.)

Also, I am hoping it will help me sleep as I haven't been sleeping well. Has it helped you sleep too?

Thanks for your input!

Comment

I started out with Lyrica in '08, but only because the doc had free samples. Gabapentin (Neurontin) in generic, so not too bad. I cannot do without it. I tried once, and it was horrible. Recently I got the dose upped when I was having severe leg pain in one leg, and I was surprised that I got a few Lortab as well. I am hoarding those for an absolute necessity. I currently take 400 mg 3x day, but have an available prescription for 600 mg if I get around to picking it up.

It doesn't actually PUT me to sleep, but by darn, it makes sleeping easier. Best Wishes.
        ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Neurontin for numbness, does it help?

I have been on Neurontin since 1998/ After being on it for so long I began to wonder if it was still working. I took myself off gradualy and after a week I noticed I was walking slower and slower, also my spasicity was acting up again. So needlessly to say I went back on it. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Comment

I take 300 mg 3 x a day but my mom who is adiabetic takes 800 mg 1 time a day she is suppose to take 2400mg but she cant tolerate the side effects.
            "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

For those that take doses several times a day, how do you handle the drowsiness. I have taken it now just a couple of days, but it just knocks me out! (Which is good because I wasn't sleeping well!)

Comment

sorry so late on a reply

I do not have a problem with drowsiness as much as I do from just feeling a little drunk from the neurontin. I just try to take it when I am at home so I won't say or do something silly in public. I also take zanaflex that really knocks me out, i won't even try to take it during the day.

Comment

LYRICA

I just started Lyrica yesterday for nerve pain. Am I understanding everyone correctly in that Lyrica also helps with numbness and tingling?

If it does, that would be AWESOME!!!!
                  ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

Working...
                  X