Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on every 6 or 8 weeks infusion schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on every 6 or 8 weeks infusion schedule?

Hello,

just wondering if anybody is using Tysabri every 6 or 8 weeks.

I've started on every 4 weeks for the first 6 months and then got switched to every 6 weeks and now i will be going to every 8 weeks.

I am stable on the drug and my Dr. is minimizing the drug exposure this way....

Thanks!

Every 8 weeks...

Yup, that's me. No big differences, so I'm fine with it.

Todd
    "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards" - Soren Kierkegaard

"I wish my life was half as interesting as my dog thinks it is."

Comment

every 8 weeks

I am doingit every eight weeks too started that last July no difference, doing better since pre-tysabri much stronger I have been on it for three years.

Comment

For those who get 6 or 8 week infusions---how often do you get MRI? Do you get them more do you think because of this interval? I would like to talk to my doc about going to 6 or 8 week infusions preferably 8 so my period stays at the week before the infusion---I have had 2 MRI's in the 2 years of Tysabri without new activity, mostly anxiety on my part--neither a routine scheduled one both ordered because I was concerned about something. I'm kind of thinking they aren't really needed I have my pre-tysasbri baseline MRI's and new MRI's would only be needed for when a new significant symptom happens & not a psuedo symptom to monitor Ty effectiveness? On the 6 or 8 week interval have you gotten regular MRI's to monitor Tysabri? Am I backing myself into that?

Thanks, just curious. My last MRI was an unneeded from my anxiety at what I thought was a new symptom or heaven forbid PML?---turned out to be neither just a psuedosymptom. I'm kind of embarrassed about it. The MRI before that was taken for the same reason for a different (psuedo)symptom. I've got to get away from thinking an MRI tells everything. Its embarrassing.
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
        X