Tysabri - after 5 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri - after 5 days

I have been on Ty for 30 months, and for last few months I have been feeling not so good for 5 or 6 days after an infusion (weak, stiff, tired - then I snap out of it for 2 weeks and the last few days before my next infusion I again start to go down hill) Anybody else like that?

Sorry this is happening ... have you told your Dr ? You may need to be checked for antibodies
    Take care,
    Linda
    Linda

Comment

I was on Tysabri for 37 months. At about 33 months I felt like I was going downhill after the infusions. Each month got progressively worse, finally after the 37th infusion and on day 3 I could barely move. I waited a few days and it did slowly get better. I had a consult with my doctor and she decided to take me off the drug for awhile.

I have actually done better since going off. Oddly enough I can get upstairs more easily and my writing has gotten better, not so shaky. My doctor can't explain why. I have an appointment with her tomorrow to see what my next step should be. Tysabri is not at the top of my list!
      Linda
      Diagnosed RRMS 1985
      Tysabri 5/07-3/10: Avonex 8/10

Comment

I saw my neurologist yesterday and it has been decided that Tysabri is not for me! So I am officially off. Now I need to decide which DMD to use, I came home with all the info put out by the drug companies. I know they all make their drugs look like the best thing since sliced bread. My neuro does not have a preference.

She did tell me about Fingolimide that is coming out soon. Sounds great but she mentioned the unknown of how the cumulative effects of Tysabri would interact with the Fingolimide. I think I would rather sit back and watch for now. The ABC& R are more of a known.

I am wondering if more people will have reactions to the Tysabri after 30+ infusions like Shalimar and myself.
        Linda
        Diagnosed RRMS 1985
        Tysabri 5/07-3/10: Avonex 8/10

Comment

Working...
        X